Re: Still getting 721 error on PS4 Squadrons

by scjns555

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo That is total malarkey.

EA’s total unwillingness to resolve this issue is disgusting.

I need to make some time to talk to Microsoft and Steam about refunding the game, and compelling y’all to eat the cost.

Worst support for an gamebreaking issue I’ve seen in over 2 decades. You guys need to drop the facade that y’all ever cared about this game and it’s customers and this game was nothing more than a cash grabbed beta test.

Ludicrous that an issue created by your team that denies access to the game is just being shrugged off.
Message 121 of 137 (655 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Scoti4 My thoughts exactly. This thread I created is where your people are sending players with the issue. if I hadn't posted it, there wouldn't even be a forum.

I agree worst customer service I've seen in a very long time.
Message 122 of 137 (651 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Puddle_Nails78 Yeah, I’m beyond infuriated at this point.

I was a consistent member of the Skull Squadron, and would have been competing in that scene.

Now the game just eats hard drive space on my computer.
Message 123 of 137 (647 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo No we are not gamesharing. I’m not. He’s not. It is an issue. Again, trying to be polite, but running out of patience. I’m tired of being pushed aside. Let’s fix this please. I am available if a tech wishes to work through this on the phone with me. My number is on file.
Message 124 of 137 (633 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Check my file! I was told by the EA support person that a tech looked at all my connections and said they are fine. It is NOT A GAME SHARING ISSUE! He said it is at your end and suggested I post here so I can get more people who are experiencing the same issue to post so we can get support. HERE WE ARE! We are right here! Please stop giving the same excuses over and over. It is an EA issue and I/ WE customers CANNOT SOLVE IT!
Message 125 of 137 (632 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Please go on my file, get my phone number, have a tech call me. I have provided all my connections through the program ea uses for tracing. Connections have been verified as fine. I hope after this is fixed you send us all REAL tie fighters. 👍🏻
Message 126 of 137 (630 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Scoti4 Yeah I had just joined a squadron. Two are aces now and another has 721.
Message 127 of 137 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_AljoJust a heads up. I finally was able to stay online for the first time today.

On both Xbox and PC, the only way for me to stay connected to the servers is to disable cross-play.

This tells me that my problem is rooted in a conflict by my ea account having two instances of squadrons.

Not at this point that I'd expect a resolution on this issue, but if there is anyone working this, please pass it along.

Does anyone else having this issue own two instances of the game, or have played on different platforms?

Followup: 

I turned back on crossplay to join a match.  As soon as I joined, it gave me a 721 error code again.

Message 128 of 137 (601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, sorry @Scoti4 - We had clearly articulated the issue earlier in the thread.

The Root Cause is a servers side issue resulting in a 721 error if Cross Play is left enabled.
Not game sharing, this has been eliminated.

The pattern of behavior commonly observed after disabling cross-play is a 1066 error as the game will never find a match.
I've been trying this weekly since January and I am never matched and after 10 minutes it just errors out.
Leavers Penalty persists.

This thread alone is >27 hours of time on the phone with support and they agree.
No on will help us or escalate even after we supplied information to EA to "open a case".
That was in January and somehow they haven't had time to assess or they have done some work but won't provide any evidence or BETTER YET attempt to interface with some of us on the various platforms to test.

Message 129 of 137 (547 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So tonight I went under my wife's profile and launched squadrons. Sighned into her ea acount and squadrons ran fine no problems . First time I got into a online game since January . Had to start off at level one . She will never play it so I guess it's a option. Rather play under my own name . At least I know it's not my ISP or my router or a bad connection it has to do with my account  . I only have one primary ps acount my wife plays little big planet and couple other games on her acount. Not sure if that's considered game sharing. 

Message 130 of 137 (386 Views)