Re: Error 721

by windcheat3r

Original Post

★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I play on Xbox and have tried everything to fix it .
Message 91 of 137 (447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Same operations.
No changes.

Not game sharing.

Tried all of the different approaches.

Can EA please actually help us instead of letting customers sit for >60 days with no resolution to a purchased product?

@EA_Aljo can you please post links that describe how to share/not game share for our EA accounts?

Message 92 of 137 (426 Views)

Community Manager

@windcheat3r 

We don't currently have any updates on this issue. As far as instructions for gamesharing, that is done at the console level. Those instructions can be googled. 

Aljo.png
Message 93 of 137 (569 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Ridiculous...

Love the fact you just said to Google it. Isn't your job to answer customer questions? Or just fob them off?
Message 94 of 137 (560 Views)

Community Manager

@Puddle_Nails78 

We don't have official instructions on our site we can link people to. These are provided by the console manufacturers. 

Aljo.png
Message 95 of 137 (552 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo So maybe say that instead of "Google it".

The fact remains that I personally have been complaining about an issue with one of EA's products since the 8th January. And all I have is a game I can't use and inadequate replies from your "Help lines"

Message 96 of 137 (544 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo - Does EA provide guidance on which resources their customers should use to determine how best to disable game sharing?

It does trigger a response from EA server-side and EA has created logic to respond to it.
Googling it produces non-functional and unhelpful content.
I'm on a PC if you have any content.

Message 97 of 137 (514 Views)

Community Manager

@windcheat3r 

Origin doesn't offer game sharing so it wouldn't be possible if you're playing on PC.

Aljo.png
Message 98 of 137 (498 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks @EA_Aljo - so that means that the ERROR 721 that I started receiving at the beginning of January could not be linked to that as a source.
There's been >10 hours of time spent with customer support, packet tracing with the tool, changing DNS, reinstalling, etc. without resolution to a Server Side issue that only happens when Cross-Play is enabled.

Does EA just not care? 

We can't get an ounce of escalation to help all the other players experiencing this issue?

Message 99 of 137 (469 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Glad to see I'm not alone on this error 721 . Was early January it started on ps4 and last week I was able to get a ps5 . Did a fresh install first time I tried it error 721 . Can turn off cross play and connect but no games available. 

Message 100 of 137 (463 Views)