Re: Error 721

by yenside

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I have never had an issue finding games until Friday morning/afternoon.  I did get a leaver penalty Friday because the game crashed on the Yavin map and NOT because I left the match on my own.  I am not that kind of person to just leave a match even if I am losing.  Then when I get back into the game I decided not to play that map again, (mainly due to the fact that the Yavin map in ranked fleet battles ALWAYS crashes in VR, but that's another story for another time) that's when I got the Leaver Penalty.  Ever since that I have been getting the 1066 error every time I try to join a match.  How is some one supposed to remove the penalty IF THEY CANT PLAY THE GAME.  Several tickets later and 2 very detailed calls from EA support the issue is still not fixed.  What does a paying customer have to do to get some freaking help.  Well the answer I get is, I'm sorry we understand how frustrating this can be and we really don't know why this is happening.  REALLY??????????

p.s.  Is the 721 and the 1066 error related?  EA doesn't know.........

Message 81 of 137 (842 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah Yenside, I get 1066 once I disable cross-play to "connect" back to the EA servers again.

This is a server side issue, not local client.

I mentioned that to these folks here as well: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Servers-down/m-p/10070107/highlight/false#M5427

Message 82 of 137 (830 Views)

Error 721 + 770

★★★ Newbie

Trying to log today, keep getting this error codes ... unable to connect... anyone?

Message 83 of 137 (682 Views)

Re: Error 721 + 770

★★★★ Apprentice

Been going on since January for a bunch of us.

EA isn't helping us, just leaving us dead in the water.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Error-721/td-p/9939260/page/9

Message 84 of 137 (649 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo Can someone please help us finally?
It doesn't take this long to escalate an issue in CS and at least get a QA person to do a stack trace and log search.

Message 85 of 137 (739 Views)

Community Manager

@windcheat3r 

Are you gamesharing by chance? Unfortunately, I don't have an update on this.

Aljo.png
Message 86 of 137 (724 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo wouldn't you have to be able to play the game to game share?
Message 87 of 137 (716 Views)

Community Manager

@Puddle_Nails78 

No. You can set up your account to gameshare without playing the game.

Aljo.png
Message 88 of 137 (713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've had the same issue for about the same amount of time.

I own Steam-PC and Xbox One copies of the game.

I am unable to login on my accounts on either, and I've thrown everything and the kitchen sink at this problem.

I have:

VPN

Mobile hotspotted

Swapped Routers

Reinstalled game on another PC

Repaired Install

Installed through origin

Followed all DNS flush and other items from EA support

However, today I discovered that an alternate Xbox Live account was able to access the game with zero problems.  My account continues to pop the 721 error on all platforms on multiple connections.  This issue is clearly isolated to the account.

I requested support give me a ban cycle just to see if it might clean out whatever is flagging my account.  They refused this request.

Hope the account isolation this helps resolve this issue quickly.

Message 89 of 137 (683 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm the phone with Customer Support.  

I was asked about game sharing, and that the ticket was closed.  The irony is that the account I can connect with is the nonpaying "shared" account, and only had been   I'm on hold waiting to continue to troubleshoot.

Completely unacceptable that this ticket was closed, EA.

Message 90 of 137 (649 Views)