Error 524 This account is not able to play online

by dootdootbeep

Original Post

Re: Error 524 This account is not able to play online

★★★ Newbie
Any thing yet? I'm having the same problem and did every thing y'all did.
Message 71 of 99 (5,833 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. I have since created a new account to resolved the situation. The only problem is that the bonus code that came with the deluxe edition of battlefront II only works once and was wasted on the first account. Because there was no online access my son could not receive the content. How can we access the content?

Message 72 of 99 (5,792 Views)

★★ Novice

My son just turned 13 and still cannot play it.  My older son is 14 - so the same situation should apply - and he CAN play it.  Ridiculous situation.  The lack of action has all the feeling of a legal situation, that's the one thing that'll explain everything but it doesn't quite cover my older son.  It's made.  Make a new Xbox account that's an adult account and then it'll work, you'll lose Xbox achievements and it makes a mockery of the law.  Incredibly poor from EA.  I thought Square Enix were bad with fundamental issues in Rise of the Tomb Raider but this situation is ridiculous.

Message 73 of 99 (5,725 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Joker wrote:

Hey everyone,

all the reports with error 524 that I have seen so far were on Xbox accounts connected with underage EA accounts that can therefore not play online, due to restrictions on the EA account.

You can find some more information about online features accessible for underage accounts in this help article.

Since it came up before: Underage accounts do not have an email address you can log in with, you can only log in with their Origin ID to the Origin client. You will not be able to log on to the website of the forums. You can not manually age up the underage account. This is to prevent the aging up process being initiated by a minor. If you should have put in a wrong date of birth by accident, an EA Advisor should be able to assist you in that process.

Not quite.  I have two children, one 14 who can play BF2 and one 13 who can't.

Message 74 of 99 (5,724 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My son is 13 and both of accounts reflect his age yet the 524 error persists. What is boils down to is that family members on the family Xbox live membership cannot link their Xbox live accounts to an Origin account, therefore preventing them from accessing EA online play and content. What EA wants is for us to buy individual copies of the game and from separate Xbox live accounts.
Message 75 of 99 (5,701 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok ea you money making pigs, ive waited 6 months for me to be 13 years old so that I could play battlefront. I’ve been 13 for 2 weeks now and haven’t played due to all of the reviews saying that the game is full of microtransactions and also because I hate ea as a company anyway. I’ve just logged on now because I am bored out of my mind and I want to give it a shot. But no, once more I have error 524 which I have seen hundreds of times after trying to log in every day from Christmas until June. It truly ruined my Christmas but good ol overwatch and r6 siege cheered me up because(unlike EA) I could actually play these games. Hundreds of others have been complaining that the game is still not working for them and what does ea do??? Bury their head in a pile of poo and wait to release a new fifa so that the crowd will disappear. So ea I ask you... why can you not just help for once and maybe people will like you. So can you please tell me what the hell to do to play. I’m 13+ as it says on small print on the back  so why can’t I play!!! Yours sincerely, Tom

Message 76 of 99 (5,284 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Folks, if the Gamertag/account receiving error code 524 is for an "underage" account (for a child generally under 13 years of age), I have the solution for fixing the problem: you must "age up" the child's Origin Account.  I have learned there are 2 ways to do this, one which is published but the other that is not readily discussed online (not that I could find).

Option 1: Your child naturally reaches the "age up" age.  Per EA, this is apparently an automatic notice EA provides once a child is of age and logs into their Origin account.  See https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/aging-up-an-origin-account-to-an-adult-account/  Your child goes through the age up process, picks an email address, and then should be good.

Option 2: You provide evidence to EA that your child is actually of the age to "age up" the Origin account.  To do this, you must first contact the EA Help Desk and create a case number, asking the agent to provide you the case number.  The agent will then give you instructions, which is basically to send an email to [edit: email address removed] containing the following:

- A picture of a legal document showing the child's date of birth (proving the child is 13 years old or older in the U.S., for example)

- Information that will help EA find the account (Origin Name, Gamertag, etc.)

- Your help desk case number

- The agent didn't ask for this in the instructions, but I would provide them your child's email address that you want associated to the child's aged up Origin account.

Once EA has this information, they will update the child's date of birth on their Origin account and then send the child an email with instructions to complete the age-up process.

I did option #2 above with my son by submitting a picture of a birth certificate.  I had originally set up my son's Origin account with the wrong birthday year (accidentally making him younger), so providing a birth certificate and making the correction was relatively easy.  For those of you whose child is not yet of age but you want to age up their account, I didn't see a different avenue for getting an exception or approving aging up; it seems you must submit documentation showing your child is older.

For reference, here's an EA article regarding the underage account policy by country for children based on their ages: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/online-access-for-child-accounts/#agerequirements.

One additional note: if you still want your child's Xbox Gamertag to have some child/family privacy restrictions or content restrictions after you age up your child's Origin account, you can apparently do this with no problem.  I aged up my son's account but still restricted content to games up to 13 years, he can only chat with Friends, can't share videos, etc.  Once you get the Origin account aged up, it doesn't seem to be impacted by Xbox parental restrictions.

I hope this helps!

Message 77 of 99 (5,194 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Folks, if the Gamertag/account receiving error code 524 is for an "underage" account (for a child generally under 13 years of age), I have the solution for fixing the problem: you must "age up" the child's Origin Account.  I have learned there are 2 ways to do this, one which is published but the other that is not readily discussed online (not that I could find).

Option 1: Your child naturally reaches the "age up" age.  Per EA, this is apparently an automatic notice EA provides once a child is of age and logs into their Origin account.  See https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/aging-up-an-origin-account-to-an-adult-account/  Your child goes through the age up process, picks an email, and then should be good.

Option 2: You provide evidence to EA that your child is actually of the age to "age up" the Origin account.  To do this, you must first contact the EA Help Desk and create a case number, asking the agent to provide you the case number.  The agent will then give you instructions, which is basically to send an email to DOBverification ATSIGN ea DOT com containing the following:

- A picture of a legal document showing the child's date of birth (proving the child is 13 years old or older in the U.S., for example)

- Information that will help EA find the account (Origin Name, Gamertag, etc.)

- Your help desk case number

- The agent didn't ask for this in the instructions, but I would provide them your child's email address that you want associated to the child's aged up Origin account.

Once EA has this information, they will update the child's date of birth on their Origin account and then send the child an email with instructions to complete the age-up process.

I did option #2 above with my son by submitting a picture of a birth certificate.  I had originally set up my son's Origin account with the wrong birthday year (accidentally making him younger), so providing a birth certificate and making the correction was relatively easy.  For those of you whose child is not yet of age but you want to age up their account, I didn't see a different avenue for getting an exception or approving aging up; it seems you must submit documentation showing your child is older.

For reference, here's an EA article regarding the underage account policy by country for children based on their ages: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/online-access-for-child-accounts/#agerequirements.

One additional note: if you still want your child's Xbox Gamertag to have some child/family privacy restrictions or content restrictions after you age up your child's Origin account, you can apparently do this with no problem.  I aged up my son's account but still restricted content to games up to 13 years, he can only chat with Friends, can't share videos, etc.  Once you get the Origin account aged up, it doesn't seem to be impacted by Xbox parental restrictions.

I hope this helps!

Message 78 of 99 (5,222 Views)

★ Novice

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen anywhere in the world. Absolutely not, never, no * way will I be sending in photos and birth certificates to a video game publisher of my child. Are you kidding me? We go through less at social security office. We are parents it should be our choice  what we choose to give access to our kids. She can play overwatch but not star wars? Not to mention that the age fits. So because we try to not give complete full on access at the start we are put through the ringer and jump through hoops? F that. I bet if we paid an extra fee to EA they would handle this quickly. Crazy what else do we need to send in blood and urine samples?

Message 79 of 99 (5,168 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi everyone.

I picked up SWBF2 like 3 weeks ago and have been playing almost every day so far on Origin\PC without any problems.

Today during a GA match on Kamino I got randomly kicked out with a connection error saying I must be connected to Origin in order to play. I exited the game and noticed Origin has been changed into offline mode as well.

I restarted the client and it connected again just fine however when I start Battlefront 2 and try to connect I always get a message saying my EA account has been restricted from playing online, Code 524.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on here and a quick google search returned a few posts about parental controls, e.g. too young. I'm in the 30s and my EA account is set to my correct age so I don't think its an underage issue. Everything worked fine for the last 3 weeks.

Any idea what happened here? I was mostly playing Galactic Assault and sometimes Aracade alone.

Thanks in advance

P.S.: My birth year is 1979 and has always been. This is the age that is on my EA Origin account for many many years so its really weird I got this code 524 thing today.

Message 80 of 99 (5,150 Views)