Re: Error 524 This account is not able to play online

by AzzaBazza3

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

It is not letting me play online on battlefront 2 so I’m stuck on offline.Whenever I try and connect to online it says error code 524.

Message 91 of 99 (3,032 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @AzzaBazza3  you need to be online In Origin to get online in SWBF2 - are you stuck in offline mode? 

/Atic 

Message 92 of 99 (3,013 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Don't bother contacting EA, if your child is not 13 it will not allow them online access, even if you change the age restrictions in settings, and it will take them nearly an hour to tell you this. The only way around it is for them to play on an account that has an age of 13 or above.

Message 93 of 99 (2,782 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Not cool, EA.

Message 94 of 99 (2,702 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_Aticcan you confirm this policy?  That regardless of the content restrictions on the XBox, if the account has the age <13, online play won't work?

Message 95 of 99 (2,473 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What drives me crazy is it allows my son to play the campaign, play Offline mode...same blasters, same violence, same explosions, etc. you get the point.  

I am a bit on tilt right now because I just had an EA person over chat basically question my parenting.  I should post the transcript here.  Not that I thought Customer Support has any control, but I wanted to see what the reasoning was.  If violence, then why allow my kids to play the campaign, or offline modes.  If the crap that comes along with online play, that is why I have Chat disabled and all communication disabled for my kids.  It is extremely frustrating.  

Oh and here is the other thing.  My son can play Apex....EA game.  He can play that online, so this "care for the kids" thing is absurd and not true.  Why is Battlefront, which is STAR WARS singled out?  We can play Apex together, more violent, slow motion brutal deaths....

I should not be this frustrated, but it is driving me crazy.  

ok. 

Message 96 of 99 (2,443 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The work around is to create a new EA & Xbox account. Add new User with Adult credentials and Online is then available.

Message 97 of 99 (2,363 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@roderick_mc Actually the law never got passed "The Child Online Protection Act[1] (COPA)[2] was a law in the United States of America, passed in 1998 with the declared purpose of restricting access by minors to any material defined as harmful to such minors on the Internet. The law, however, never took effect, as three separate rounds of litigation led to a permanent injunction against the law in 2009. "
Message 98 of 99 (2,270 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hello everyone!

I recommend to reach out to EA support if the age of the EA account was made in error, its not something we can help with on AHQ.

How to call EA support: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

I will be closing this topic.

/Atic

Message 99 of 99 (2,214 Views)