Re: Error 524 This account is not able to play online

by dootdootbeep

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hey @LittleRex2015 thanks for keeping us updated. Where did you file the bug so we can add our voices to it? Nevermind found it:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Xbox-Attempt-to-connect-to-online-error-code-524/m-p/6431848

Message 11 of 99 (28,953 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This is out of my scope, as I am troubleshooting PC stuff, but thought I would offer up a couple links just in case they might help.

Xbox One online safety and privacy settings for parents and children

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox-one-privacy-and-online-safety

Troubleshoot changing online safety or privacy settings on Xbox One

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/security/cannot-change-my-privacy-settings

*Good Luck Standard smile

______

I don't work, nor have any professional affiliation with any companies related to Star Wars Battlefront II

Message 12 of 99 (28,947 Views)

★ Novice

Love when you pass the buck on your own error code.  All of us have changed and opened up permissions. If my kids cant play then I will return this.

Message 13 of 99 (28,926 Views)

Account is not able to play online, error code 524, xbox one help needed

★ Novice

We have downloaded Star Wars Battlefield II today. When we try to play online the following message comes up

"Sorry, this account is not able to play online, see ea.com/unable-to-connect Error code 524"

I have followed the link but I can't find any information on error code 524, can anyone help please?

Message 14 of 99 (28,793 Views)

Xbox 1 Error Code 524 (SW:BF 2)

★★★★ Novice

I cannot get onto multiplayer for Xbox 1, it always says 'This account is not able to play online. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for more information. Error code: 524'

I preordered. Yes, I do have permissions. Yes, I do have Xbox Live. And no, I do not like the pay to win model.

I just wanna play the game I blew 60 bucks on. If anyone can help, that would be nice.

Also, I navigated all the protests on r/starwarsbattlefront to ask for help. No help.

Thanks in advance

unless you spam me with EA's reddit comment.

Message 15 of 99 (28,802 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has there been any resolution to this problem?  My son can play...

Message 17 of 99 (28,872 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

After fighting with this all night (the things I do for my kids) it appears that if:

1) The Xbox Live account was given the true DOB (or you made a horrible mistake)

2) The Xbox Live account holder (child in this case) is not yet 13 (based on DOB above).

3) The Xbox Live account has been linked to a child EA Origin account (maybe by Plants Versus Zombies Garden Warfare in my case)

Its impossible for that Xbox Live account to play Battlefront (Error Code 524) until they are 13 years old as based on DOB when the EA Origin account was created. The Xbox Live permissions are IGNORED by EA!!!!!!!!! Since when is EA the parent to MY CHILD!!!

Further to really kick the Parents (the ones with the money) in the guts, its impossible to:

1) Manage the child EA Origin account.

2) Login to the child EA Origin account (it has no email address until its an adult).

3) "age-up" the child account to make it a full account.

Thoughts on a way forward:

1) Get a refund and then Ban all EA games from the house and delete the games (My likely direction); or

2) Create a new Xbox Live account and gamer tag for the child (depending on amount of EA game progress) with a fake DOB to ensure 13+ years old.

3) Fight through EA "support" and have the linked child account deleted, wait a few days and recreate it with a false DOB in Xbox Live. Potentially first transferring existing Games to an adult Xbox Live account.

4) Just scream and then let the child use the Parent account.

Message 16 of 99 (28,871 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
It's funny because I can let my child play Titanfall 2 online, yet Star Wars is blocked. So ridiculous.
Message 18 of 99 (28,865 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so after much BS and screwing around EA is trying to say that by law they can't let children's account play online because of the online privacy act and the rating of T for the game.  

first I got told that it was anyone under 13 

then magically it jumped to 16

yet it is funny my son can play overwatch and Destiny 2 online  both are the same concept as battlefront and both are rated T same as Battlefront.  

See this is where parental controls should of dictated my sons ability to play a star wars game. 

Message 19 of 99 (28,861 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Regardless of any "by law" or "by Disney crazy contrac requirements (Online Titanfall 2 works for my kids)"  last time I checked, not explaining such significant limitations on the Marketing pages and points of Sale is deceptive and misleading. In my jurisdiction (Australia) we have fanatically great Consumer Law protection (we even get years longer warranty periods for Apple laptops and TVs beyond those the companies offer/admit at no cost).

Message 20 of 99 (28,849 Views)