Re: Error 216 when trying to connect to ANY multiplayer mode!!!

by fatboyslim581

Original Post

Error 216 when trying to connect to ANY multiplayer mode!!!

★★★★ Novice

To call me "pissed off" would be a gross understatement at this point.

I am unable to access ANY multiplayer mode in Star Wars Battlefront II.  Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, Heroes v. Villains; you name it; I can't connect to any matches...if it can even find matches to connect to!  Whenever it finds a match, it shows the loading screen but not the little connecting icon in the corner, then boots me back to the menu screen with an Error 216 message.

I've tried different US servers (mine defaults to Oregon at 49 MS) and none of them seem to help get me connected.  My internet is fast as hell, and I can get into any other game that requires an online connection without hesitation, so I know it's not my connection.  I've also gone through ALL of the troubleshooting steps suggested by EA, with no results whatsoever.

What the ever-loving hell is going on over there?  This has been a constant problem since release for PC players, with no end in sight.  The only reason I haven't freaking returned this damn game is that it's too late to do so!  Stop screwing me over, EA!  I paid for a fully functional game, and right now, you're screwin' me!  Get this damn problem FIXED!!!

Message 1 of 10 (2,743 Views)

★★ Novice
Yep, ditto. For me it worked fine the first day. Was able to play with my another person in my house, who also has a license for the game. The next day we could never join up in a multi-player game. I would always get the error 216 and get kicked out. I could leave the group and play multi-player on my own though. I only saw the error when trying to play in a group.
Message 2 of 10 (2,689 Views)

Error 216 never had network troubles except this ea servers *

★★ Apprentice

I have fine internet connection and origin servers only thing i have troubles with. All battlefeild and star wars games constantly have this trouble with connection and i even not able to connect game.

Message 3 of 10 (2,637 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same thing here.  Ive found for whatever reason if I play an arcade game or two it then allows me to connect...SOMETIMES.  But lately even if I can get in...its been rubber banding so badly its impossible to play.  Its not my rig, my interwebs or anything.  A LOT of people seem to be having these issues and EA doesnt seem to want to communicate anything about searching for a fix, etc... Im so frustrated, I wasted 80 bucks, It makes me want to never buy an EA game again. 

Funny how NO other game I own does this other than SWSF (The first one).  And now this one.  But hey.  Its all of our computers, and we should reformat and reinstall windows and the game and we should be fine.   Oh yeah...ps4 and Xbox folks...its your consoles...not them.

To say im pissed cant describe how I feel right now.  

Message 4 of 10 (2,572 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was able to play this morning on my PS4 with no issues.  But tonight non-stop error 216 when connection to any multiplayer game.  It finds a game, starts to load them kicks me out with the error.  Really frustrating.  I've tried everything suggested by EA and nothing works.  

Whats the deal 

Message 5 of 10 (2,522 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Once again, I cannot get into a single multiplayer match.  GA, SA, HvV, Strike, Blast...NOTHING.  Either I never get connected to a match AT ALL, or after literally 2 minutes (sometimes), I FINALLY get connected, only to not see the loading icon and then get the Error 216.

This is beyond unforgivable.  I am ready to freaking uninstall this POS and just forget about it for good.  What's the point?  I can't even play the goddamn thing.  EA's not looking at any of this stuff; they're not fixing a damn thing.  This will NEVER, EVER get looked at.

This is not my PC; this is not my internet provider.  I can connect without any issue to every other online-based game I own and things work perfectly.  This game is the only game I constantly have problems with.  And, even further proof that it's not my computer: at one time, it worked fine.  I could get into matches, play without any interruptions; it was working fine.  Something's changed, and it's ripping me off.

Message 6 of 10 (2,487 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Нашел решение! Всегда выходило такое окно с ошибкой 216. Решение примитивное и долгое, но работает. Как я решаю проблему:
1) Захожу в игру
2) Выбираю любой режим сценария аркады
3) Поиграв, выхожу из режима аркады и запускаю сетевую игру
4) У меня запускается в 100% случаев
При следующем заходу в игру повторить пункты со 2 по 3.
Это даже некая разминка, меня устраивает. Надеюсь вам поможет. Удачи в сражениях!
Message 7 of 10 (2,480 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Same problem with PS4
Message 8 of 10 (2,439 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
It Works, thanks man
Message 9 of 10 (2,423 Views)

★★★ Novice
Эх, а вот мне не помоглоFrown
Message 10 of 10 (1,943 Views)