Re: Error code 216

★★★ Apprentice

Error 216 happens on the Australian server

It does not happen on American servers

It happened for the first time

Message 11 of 18 (757 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well i'm sry for u, but it seems now u r a part of club 216 players))) 

Message 12 of 18 (733 Views)

★ Apprentice

Workaround for "Error 216"

1. Change Ping Point in EA accaunt settongs (in game). 

In my case it was Ireland (108 ms) or Germany (90ms). I guess game client take by default point with lower ping - some Europe servers for me, cos i'm from Russia.

So if I set some USA server, eg Ohio (192ms), I will be able to pass to game lobby with chance about 50%.

But this leads to another problem - very low ping, and it is difficult to find not an empty server. The second probably because of ping, or time zone difference.

2. Use VPN

In my cast VPN to Germany. This solution is better, because finding a match is not difficult, but ping has grown from ~90 to ~115. Ping is certainly nasty but it's quite comfortable playing.

Another drawback of this solution is that most VPNs have traffic limits and / or paid ones.

Message 13 of 18 (664 Views)

Error 216 almost all the time

★★★ Novice

For like month or so I get error 216 almost all the time.

Sometimes I can play starfight and galactic assault. And very rarely "battle" scenarios like H vs V, blast and strike.

PS4.

I have forwarded all suggested ports but it does not help.

Message 14 of 18 (671 Views)

Re: Error 216 almost all the time

★★★ Novice

So, what about this problem?

Message 15 of 18 (590 Views)

★ Apprentice

So u ask what about problem. For me nothing have been changed for over the mounth and 3 updates. Still same problems on EA side. Though this game rather bugged and sinced they can't fix even sound bug for over the year, 216 error will be with us always, like a force )))))))))

Message 16 of 18 (580 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Kroning666 based on that uotracer I would say something to do with your router as it Ms spikes to 900.  Try power cycling the router and make sure firmware is up to date.  If that doesn't work try factory reset the router. 

/Atic 

Message 17 of 18 (555 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic wrote:

Hey, @Kroning666 based on that uotracer I would say something to do with your router as it Ms spikes to 900.  Try power cycling the router and make sure firmware is up to date.  If that doesn't work try factory reset the router. 

/Atic 

Thank you for the replay.

Sadly, spikes is not the case. First of all, spikes a rare. uotracer does not show average ping, but it's low (about 1-2 ms all the time). And spikes may appear once a minute-two. It may generate some rare lags (though I never saw it) but not connecction problems.

Second, I managed to change ping site (it's sometimes buggy) from Ireland (ping ~66ms) to USA Virginia (~145ms)  and everyting works fine 100%! Gladly, no ping influence. So, I resommend it as a workaround.

And that shows problem with Ireland server (probably poor connectivity despite of low ping).

Sadly again, we have lack of tools to find exact problem.

Message 18 of 18 (520 Views)