Error 201

by skeletonbo579

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error 201

★★★★ Novice

My console is PS4 and I can't find ANY games. I can only play games when very little people are playing, like 3 AM. I don't know why it happens, it usually has very little warning. Today,for example, joined a game became Maul and then the game froze and I was kicked out after being unable to move and everyone else was running in place. Or I can't even join a game which error 201

Message 1 of 9 (8,918 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error 201

Community Manager (retired)

@skeletonbo579

Opening ports means configuring certain TCP or UDP port numbers on your router, so you won't receive any package loss Standard smile

You can find the list of dedicated ports for Star Wars Battlefront 2 here. And this website is very useful if you need detailed instructions on how to do this on your router. If you're still unsure how to proceed with this, your Internet service provider should be able to help you out further.

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (9,279 Views)

All Replies

Hey @skeletonbo579

For the game freezing problem could you try restoring the licences and rebuild your PS4 database

If you encounter issues with connectivity (like empty servers or error 201), you might find this article very useful. I especially recommend opening dedicated ports for Star Wars Battlefront 2.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 9 (8,873 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the help! I can't really understand what ports are and how to change them

Message 3 of 9 (8,857 Views)

@skeletonbo579

Opening ports means configuring certain TCP or UDP port numbers on your router, so you won't receive any package loss Standard smile

You can find the list of dedicated ports for Star Wars Battlefront 2 here. And this website is very useful if you need detailed instructions on how to do this on your router. If you're still unsure how to proceed with this, your Internet service provider should be able to help you out further.

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 9 (9,280 Views)

Hey @skeletonbo579 Standard smile

Just checking if you've managed to solve the issue by opening the ports?

Thanks for the answer!

/Ataashi

Message 5 of 9 (8,800 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yes! Thank you for all your help and now I'm playing the game like I was pre last Jedi patch. I appreciate you willing to answer all my problems
Message 6 of 9 (8,785 Views)

It's great to hear @skeletonbo579 

Have fun in the galaxy far far away (without any errors)! Large smile

/Ataashi

Message 7 of 9 (8,746 Views)

Gives error code 201 while still connected to wifi

★★★ Newbie

So I play in Windowed mode so I can see the status of my Wifi During the match. During online multiplayer matches, the game will freeze up and then disconnect me from the match, leaving me with "It seems you have lost connection to the match. Check your internet settings to make sure it's connected. Error Code:201". This happened to me twice in a row today, both of which I know i have not lost any connection at all. Is there an explanation to why this bug occurs? I'd really love to play Yoda all the way through a match xD. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards, JackJack261 

Message 8 of 9 (8,662 Views)

Error Code 201

★★★ Newbie

When playing any multiplayer game mode, after a few minutes in the match, everything on the screen just freezes.

Sometimes the game will unfreeze and I can resume playing, but throughout the game it will be a constant cycle of freezing and unfreezing to a point where I will completely freeze and the game will crash to the main menu. Then I am greeted with an error code 201 message suggesting me to check my internet. 

My internet is just fine, and resetting my modem and xbox does nothing to solve the issue. What to do now?

Message 9 of 9 (8,641 Views)