Re: Error 106 (forced restart)

by theETAAB5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error 106 (forced restart)

★★★★★ Novice

Error 106 plagues me.

I get hit with it at least once during each GA.  Often costing me the round, or worse yet, a win overall.

It occasionally will cost me a Special Mission success in TB, or an Arena battle attempt.

What is Error 106?

Why does it happen SO often?

Can I be compensated for this huge inconvenience?

Thanks.

ETAAB

Ally Code 322-779-557

Message 1 of 10 (1,448 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @theETAAB5, if the troubleshooting steps aren't fixing the issue, you may be experiencing a Bug. Could you check the Bug Report section or create a new Bug report to flag this issue?  Bug reports help us to compile information, better track bugs and communicate any updates back to the community so we'd encourage reporting on bugs and selecting "Me Too" on existing Bugs.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (1,196 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Error Code 106.0

What is it????

It makes me nervous every time I go into battle in GA.  It hits me every time!

It forces a restart, and I lose my team.  Sometimes it costs me a win.

It also hits during Squad/Fleet Arena and Raids.  Neither of which is too big of a deal for me, but when it hits and costs me a team and an attempt in GA, TW, or Special Mission rewards during TB, THIS IS a big deal!

What gives?  How can I stop this from happening..... constantly?!?

Message 2 of 10 (1,384 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @theETAAB5,

Troubleshooting may help here. This guide will expand more on troubleshooting for Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes: "Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Basic Troubleshooting Guide". 

When you've completed all of the outlined troubleshooting steps for your mobile device, please go ahead and try to reinstall the game using a strong/stable Wi-Fi connection. Once you've launched it for the first time since troubleshooting, leave it open on the Home Screen for around half and hour without playing the game. This will allow it to fully finish downloading all assets correctly and should hopefully help with the error message you're receiving. 

Do let us know if this helps with the error code 106.0. 

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 10 (1,370 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I did exactly as you suggested.

Yesterday, Round one of GA, was perfect.

Today, Round two, I got smacked by 106 three times!!!  This is going to result in me losing the round, and cost me a shot at First Place.

It's absolutely ridiculous!  I'm sitting 10' away from my WiFi with a full, solid signal.

It's infuriating.

Message 4 of 10 (1,298 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just cost me another Grand Arena!!!

This is the worst!

It doesn't matter if I'm on WiFi or mobile data with a full, strong connection, it gets me anyway!

At least once, but usually multiple times, during every GA.  Last TB it cost me a Special Mission!

I've tried your troubleshooting "remedy" a few times.

Nothing stops it!

I spend my hard earned money on this game, and i get repaid by getting screwed!

Ally Code:  322-779-557

Message 5 of 10 (1,214 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @theETAAB5, if the troubleshooting steps aren't fixing the issue, you may be experiencing a Bug. Could you check the Bug Report section or create a new Bug report to flag this issue?  Bug reports help us to compile information, better track bugs and communicate any updates back to the community so we'd encourage reporting on bugs and selecting "Me Too" on existing Bugs.

Message 6 of 10 (1,197 Views)

Re: Error 106.0 in any PvP content?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

For two days now I've been unable to do an arena match or fight in grand arena championships.  I get an error 106.0 and reset message every time I go into a battle.  I'm on a Galaxy 9+.  Anyone else having this issue recently?

Edited: I've done all the trouble shooting steps with no luck.  I get the 106.0 error 100% of the time going into an arena match.  The game is unplayable for me at this point.  

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 7 of 10 (1,084 Views)

Re: Error 106.0 in any PvP content?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Hollapainyo, we're experiencing issues with GA atm. Please see this thread and if it sounds like the issue you're currently experiencing could you can post the information CG_SBCrumb's asked for in the first post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Grand-Arena-Championship-Crash-and-Sign-up-Issues/m-p/8018221#...

Message 8 of 10 (1,082 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It got inexplicably better for a time.

Only occurring on occasion.

Lately though, error code 106 has been plaguing me again.

Today it occurred twice during GAC, and cost me the round.

Lovely.

I've tried every troubleshooting method offered, at least twice.

I'm obviously not the only one who has been experiencing this.

Any "new" methods of troubleshooting to suggest?

Message 9 of 10 (880 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Today this errorcode 106 cost me a GAC round victory.

My opponent and I were neck and neck.  

It was down to the final battle.

An easy win for me!

Then.... Errorcode 106!!!!  Forced restart!

Even with a flawless second attempt, I couldn't win.  Lost by 16 points.

Message 10 of 10 (690 Views)