Re: Getting Error 1066 when trying to play multiplayer

by AOD_PetaAns

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

In Australia - my ping site keeps getting directed to the furthest away location when I try to set it to Australia. Even then I am getting no games, or games waiting for 19 people indefinitely.

Either EA are covering the fact their game has hardly any players left, or this is a big technical error with their servers.

EA, LET US IN THE LOOP WITH WHAT IS HAPPENING.

Message 41 of 55 (1,569 Views)

★★ Pro

@Trispy7 

The game definitely has players left, just look at the numbers of people on here complaining about the same issue.

And when it works (which is admittedly very rare) the lobbies are full.

It is a huge technical issue, they keep telling us they are aware of it, and that a fix is coming.

You just gotta wait it out mate.

Below is most recent relevant communication from anyone at EA...

"We do have a fix for the ping site issue, and it's currently scheduled to go into the August update. The problem is, even if we put that fix into a standalone patch now and go through the entire deployment process, by the time it was released it would likely cross over with the release of the August update. We can also only have one patch going through submission at the same time."

Message 42 of 55 (1,562 Views)

Re: Error 1,066

★★★ Newbie

Well I had the same problem and I did what you proposed!it found a game and when I got to the choosing screen I was the only person there! I tried it several times and always the same!

Message 43 of 55 (1,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi it's 29th August 2018 I payed £60 for this game on the release date because I liked the first battlefront on PS4 which also had same server issues. I hoped Star Wars BattleFront 2 would be fixed over the first games issues... no I wasted my money on EA again. They now have lost me as a customer from future titles the problem error 216, 1066 and waiting on players in lobby is widespread accros both star wars battlefront titles 1 and 2 worldwide on all platforms the games been released on. This has been ongoing on for long enough EA  but you nothing and why would you because EA already have our money. EA IM SICK OF THIS SERVER ISSUE I WANT A  REFUND 

Message 44 of 55 (1,351 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Post fix, on PC in the US.   Error 1,066.  Won't connect to any online matches.

Angry

Message 45 of 55 (1,312 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey everyone!

If you're playing on PC, could you check out the steps, which I've provided in this post?

Many thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 46 of 55 (1,279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This does not work, if you EA cant find a solution for this, give me my money back.

Message 47 of 55 (1,209 Views)

★ Apprentice

Buenas, llevo desde el día de ayer intentando conectar a cualquier tipo de partida de los servidores de battlefront 2. Los modos de héroes y otros menos populares es directamente imposible mientras que en asalto galáctico me deja siempre en partidas en las que estoy yo solo esperando 19 personas durante horas.

Reinstalé y reparé el juego, además mi conexión es perfecta. Mi internet y mi hardware funcionan a la perfección con juegos de otras compañías online, además estoy conectado por LAN al router.

Espero que me puedan dar una solución... Dentro de poco hará un año del lanzamiento de battlefront 2 y aún seguimos con estos bugs tan molestos para un servicio que ya hemos pagado de un juego que nos completan por fascículos. 

Message 48 of 55 (1,202 Views)

★ Apprentice
Good, I've been trying to connect to any type of battlefront servers since yesterday. Heroes and other less popular modes are directly impossible, while in galactic assault they always leave me in games where I'm just waiting 19 people for hours.

I reinstalled and repaired the game, also my connection is perfect. My internet and my hardware work perfectly with games from other online companies, besides I am connected by LAN to the router.

I hope you can give me a solution ... Soon it will be a year since the launch of Battlefront 2 and we still continue with these annoying bugs for a service that we have already paid for a game that we complete by fascicles.
Message 49 of 55 (1,201 Views)

Re: Error 1,066

★★★ Newbie

Para quem está tendo esse problema no PC, entra nesse link e siga as instruções aqui  Eu fiz o primeiro e o segundo passo e deu certo. Agora consigo conectar no servidor, porém o único problema é que o mesmo está vazio! Faltam jogadores! Abraço.

For those who are having this problem on the PC, go to this link and follow the instructions https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-pc/ I did the first and the second step and it worked. Now I can connect to the server, but the only problem is that it is empty! Missing players! Hug.

Message 50 of 55 (1,151 Views)