Error 0x0000045d

by tidal987

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error 0x0000045d

★★ Novice

I can’t play the game anymore as if won’t really launch. It either times out on the first screen, or “waiting for precache”. I get a brief error screen that gives me an error 0x0000045d message after about 5-10 minutes of trying. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, I’ve disconnected power and restarted, and I’ve logged in with another account. Nothing works. I am only using 13% if my Xbox One’s hard drive (internal).

Help me please!

Message 1 of 10 (1,016 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error 0x0000045d

★★ Novice
@EA_Mako I ended up completely resetting my Xbox and reinstalled Apex. That worked.

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (893 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@tidal987Howdy! Sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I have not seen it myself, but I found a thread with response from an EA team member, helping someone in the past with the same issue on Xbox. Give this a try, and see if it helps. If not, let me know, and I will try to get some more assistance for you

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Error-code-commonly-rpak-help-Xbox-one/td-p/10173090/hi...

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 2 of 10 (993 Views)

★★ Novice

That did not work. Still the same issue.

Message 3 of 10 (978 Views)

Champion
@tidal987 Copy that. I'm not able to provide direct assistance, as I am a volunteer, but I have flagged this for the EA team to see. In the meantime, the only advice I can offer, would be to open a case with the support team, by following the prompts in the link below. Hopefully someone can steer you in the right direction soon!

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Out of curiosity, were you able to play Apex on the other account on that Xbox, or did you get the same error when signed into that account as well?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 4 of 10 (972 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @tidal987,

Do you happen to have any other updates or installations pending for other titles?

The waiting for precache message typically indicates your hardware is waiting for another process to continue, so it may be worth checking for any system updates. If you have anything else updating I would try suspending that process before trying again. 

As a bit of a longshot, if you have a custom gamertag profile pic selected, try changing this to one of the default options and see if that allows you to log in normally.

Aside from that the error message itself is typically one regarding the save data on the console from what I've seen in the past, so if you've gone through steps to clear that without success, please let us know if you're seeing this happen on the other account you've mentioned as well, or whether you were able to play with that second account.

Mako.png
Message 5 of 10 (954 Views)

★★ Novice

I have zero other things downloading. 

Message 6 of 10 (929 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks, I went to support and the system says come there to find a solution, no options to connect with thier support.

Message 7 of 10 (927 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Mako I ended up completely resetting my Xbox and reinstalled Apex. That worked.
Message 8 of 10 (894 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @tidal987, that is excellent to hear, thanks for coming back to let us know! Thumbs up 

Mako.png
Message 9 of 10 (888 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too but im on pc

i installed it yesterday. i have played it like 6-7 months ago on my same pc.

it doesnt launch on the EA app and only says "launching game"

Message 10 of 10 (711 Views)