Epic Games cannot install Origin

by GAMRKNIGHT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Epic Games cannot install Origin

★★ Novice

I got battlefront 2 on epic games store and I tried installing it. First time it asked if I want to install Origin but I declined because I thought it would ask me for my EA account upon the game launching (you know, like EVERY OTHER GAME) but then I realized that I DID need the Origin launcher to download the game (one question, WHY THEN PUT IT ON THE EPIC STORE IN THE FIRST PLACE??!!), so I went to redownload it. Except now the popup that says "Please wait, while we install Origin" comes up for two or three seconds but there is no popup. Any fixes for this?

Message 1 of 9 (6,052 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Epic Games cannot install Origin

★★★★★ Newbie

actually I figured it out. In my instance I had to Close both launchers completely Then relaunch both Epic Games and Origin as Administrator. From there The install started and ran as normal. But thanks for your help anyway as well as your quick response.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (5,707 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

Hi i got the fix 

• uninstall origin from your pc 
  • donwload offline installer from here https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe
  • rename the origin installer to OriginThinSetup.exe and copy it 
  • go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Extras\Origin past it there 
  • go to epic store and start downloading  battlefront 2 ,

note: after origin installation it will take time before he run so wait for it .

Message 2 of 9 (5,803 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@NaasAlgerian Hey so I have other games through origin and this fix doesn't quite work for me because now I'd have to re download all of them just to play this one game. Any other suggestions?
Message 3 of 9 (5,733 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@toxos49 also please note: the suggestion from this article(https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/671721-fix-epic-games-store-please-wait-while-we-install-origi...) on the matter is of little use if the settings adjustments they suggest for you are already your exact settings.
Message 4 of 9 (5,729 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@toxos49 if you unstall origin your game stay only the app is unstalled .
Message 5 of 9 (5,723 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

actually I figured it out. In my instance I had to Close both launchers completely Then relaunch both Epic Games and Origin as Administrator. From there The install started and ran as normal. But thanks for your help anyway as well as your quick response.

Message 6 of 9 (5,708 Views)

★ Novice

Finally worked for me, searched for hours. YOur fix of the offline installed did it _ Many thanks

Message 7 of 9 (5,687 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cannot properly run origin either, i have an account, and i have downloaded, but it says it cannot proceed because it cannot find a file, so i cannot install it, and it still pops up and tells me to wait while it is installed. Do you have the fix?? 

Message 8 of 9 (5,264 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much, took me few days to speak to the support team with no luck. Heart

Message 9 of 9 (5,099 Views)