Re: Epic Games Store Problem

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Epic Games Store Problem

★★ Novice

Cant launch Star Wars Battlefront 2 from Epic Games store, says it requires an activation code. Now I've previously owned the game via origin access but i never purchased the game, and I figured I'd start playing it thorugh the Epic Ganes store but everytime i try to launch the game it keeps asking for an activation code. Need Help!!!

Message 1 of 48 (2,171 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey, according to another forum post the issue is now fixed. I was having the exact same issue, but when I tried just now to download the game it worked! The other thread said it was a problem on Epic Games' part.

EDIT: For reference, here is the other thread from the forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Star-Wars-BF2-unable-to-play-on-EGS/m-p/11431591#M76549 

View in thread

Message 29 of 48 (1,523 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
@SpoderBoy456 We did an update on our side are you still facing the issue?

/Atic
Message 2 of 48 (2,112 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I dont have BF2 on origin but i claimed it when it was free on Epic. I tried to download it now and it said "to activate Unidentified game, enter the product code" but i claimed it when it was free on epic and only tried to install it now @EA_Atic , can i have a code for it??

Message 3 of 48 (2,041 Views)

EA DICE Team
@20venom10 Try clearing the Origin cache it should not ask for a code.

How to here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

/Atic
Message 4 of 48 (1,981 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic  cleared cache, wants a code still 

Message 5 of 48 (1,966 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic , will there be an Easter sale this year?

Message 6 of 48 (1,804 Views)

Can't install Battlefront 2 appears as "Unidentified game" on origin

★★★ Newbie

Hello. I have Battlefront 2 Celebratory Edition on Epic Games. However I cannot install or play it because everytime I am taken to the Origin client, it never links up properly and Battlefront 2 appears as an unidentified game that needs a product code. I was never given a product code and upon research this appears to be a common issue. I have contacted chat support and was told to make a post on this forum. Any help would be appreciated, as I just want to play the game

Message 7 of 48 (1,803 Views)

EA DICE Team
What anti-virus fire wall do you have? @20venom10

We normally do have Sales on and off. Looking to get SWBf2 on Origin instead?

/Atic
Message 8 of 48 (1,782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic  I know you were talkingto 20venom10, but I did try the advice you gave of clearing the cache and it didn't work for me either

Message 9 of 48 (1,755 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have Trend Micro anti virus

Message 10 of 48 (1,723 Views)