Re: Eninge Error // 0x887A006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

by ZiadFassal

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Eninge Error // 0x887A006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★ Novice

Hello,

after 176 hours playtime in Apex Legends and 1 day before the Season 1 release this bug occured the first time for me but since then i couldnt even play one game because of this error. Everytime i open the Game or at the latest state right before the ingame screen is coming up the Game crashes with no respond or with the Enginge Error "0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The applictation's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed." 

Also there is no apex_crash.txt appearing in my Documents Folder :/ 

I could need some help because i really enjoyed playing this game and it sucks that i cant play it anymore after 176 hours of Playtime.

Some System informations (only thing i can share because i didn't get any apex_crash.txt files)

Win7 Ultimate 64bit

AMD A10-7700k Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G 3,4GHz

16GB RAM

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (3,113 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team
Hey, @TonyCannelloni, make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Apex and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (3,071 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team
Hey, @TonyCannelloni, make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Apex and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 2 of 4 (3,072 Views)

DXGI DEVICE HUNG

★★★ Newbie

Have this problem since Apex legends season 2 lauched. I want to specify that I play on laptop and this "BUG" crashes the game, appearing a withe box saying something about device HUNG, turning the game unplayable for me.

Message 3 of 4 (3,016 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

bro, I can't help you by telling you what to do but you don't have to do I had the same problem with a different setup so this what I have done:-
1) installed new windows
2) tried every single driver that ever made for my GPU " R7 530 (TM)"
3) redownloaded the game
4) tried to make origin fix it 
it took me over 8 hours even contacted with EA support they didn't help so don't go hard on yourself and do all of this the only thing you can do try only 2 different GPU drivers if it didn't work wait for respawn to help us...

Message 4 of 4 (2,101 Views)