engine error

my driver is ok  442.19

i dont understand since season 4

thx to help me

Message 1 of 9 (730 Views)

Re: Engine error device removed

Community Manager

Hi @TrimoussBeat

When you've got a chance would you mind sending us a DxDiag so we can take a look? You can find more details on how to pull up the file over at the EA Help website

Once you have the DxDiag please attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 9 (700 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Kent i try to reinstall the last driver
i play now to test it
and for the time my dxdiag

Message 3 of 9 (673 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks! I appreciate it. 

Looking through the Windows Error Reporting in your DxDiag, it looks like there are some errors happening with an OSD.exe software. This usually refers to an "on-screen display" that runs in the background on your PC. It will show things like volume or brightness on your display when you adjust them.

Do you have anything like this currently running on your PC? If so, it might be best to try disabling it and see if that has any effect. I'm wondering if the errors from this software might be causing issues with high usage on your CPU or other hardware in your PC. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 9 (661 Views)

★ Novice

I have had this same issue. It is honestly so frustrating. It happens so frequently too. My friends are to the point they don't even want to play with me because I always crash mid game. There has to be a fix guys, like come on! I have tried every forum I have found. Some random youtube video that made zero difference. I have tried updating graphics drivers rolling back graphics drivers all the way to release even and literally nothing works at all. I am to the point of giving up.. So if this question gets answered I would really love to know.

Message 5 of 9 (649 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Warpather1

Apologies for the late reply on this. Could you send us a DxDiag as well when you've got the chance? You can attach it to this thread here and we'll take a look. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 9 (575 Views)

★ Novice

Here is the rundown of what is going on. 1 of 2 things happens on a regular basis. 1 my game hard locks and so will my computer no error nothing everything on my PC completely freezes require me to hard restart it. 2 I will get the engine error device removed bug. I have attached the DxDiag. I have made sure I have all the latest drivers. I have even went back to previous versions that claim to have fixed it. I have tried even random youtube videos that I have a feeling are complete nonsense and nothing works. I am going to try turning down all the settings to see if that helps, however I don't believe it will because I monitor both my CPU and GPU very closely and both are not overheating. It is still happening and boy is it frustrating.

Message 7 of 9 (557 Views)

Community Manager

Got it, thanks!

The Apex Legends team is aware of performance issues that are affecting NVIDIA cards. They're currently working alongside NVIDIA to figure out a solution, but unfortunately I don't have any updates on that at the moment. It's most likely going to require an update to the game client itself, or a new driver from NVIDIA. 

You can find more details over at the update notes for Season 4: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/News-Game-Updates/Season-4-Assimilation-Patch-Notes/m-p/8710020#M64

Thanks for being patient with us while this is under investigation. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 9 (541 Views)

★ Novice

This game has been out for over a year now. This same issue has plagued the game since launch. It is troublesome to me that this hasn't been fixed. A year after launch and the best response I get is "oh we are working on it!" I fully understand this is not something you can help with at this point, and I'll be honest this was the exact response I was expecting to receive but don't you think this should be made a priority? 

I give credit to the developers of this game. It is incredibly fun and addicting. I've enjoyed countless hours with friends trying to secure the win. The addition of a ranked mode is absolutely incredible and much needed for the game. I honestly have really enjoyed the time i've spent playing this game. There is however one massive blunder in all of this that is literally driving people away from the game. THE FACT THAT IT ALWAYS CRASHES MID GAME AND THERE IS NO WAY TO GET BACK INTO THE GAME. So basically what happens is you leave your friends out high and dry trying to secure a win at a large disadvantage now that you are gone. You have just lost and have to wait usually 10-20 minutes for your friends to finish the game out. Meanwhile you honestly don't even want to play more because the same thing will likely happen. It is incredibly frustrating losing LP because of a situation out of your control. Given how much I have seen this on the forums I can safely deduce that it is not an isolated incident. This is affecting the vast majority of the player base. 

To finish this frustrated rant up I'll leave you guys with this. THIS MUST BE YOUR TOP PRIORITY! MAKE THE GAME PLAYABLE 100% OF THE TIME! If you cannot fix this issue then you need to find a way to allow someone who has just crashed to re-enter the game. This would at least alleviate some of the issues.

Thanks for listening. I genuinely hope this actually gets passed on and read by the developers. I honestly do care about this game and hope it continues to grow. My feeling though is that if this doesn't get fixed it will drive away a lot of players that just came back. Please don't let that happen.

Message 9 of 9 (523 Views)