Re: Xbox One X Error

by xnarcosysx

Original Post

Re: 1/Respawn/Apex/assets/store/dl_store_cham_pathfinder_emote_screen_f.rpak ERR

Community Manager

Hi @froggglet

Try locating the problematic file by following the filepath that it's giving you in the error message. Once you find it delete the file then repair Apex Legends in Origin. If you right-click on the game in your Origin library you'll see the repair option when the menu comes up. 

Let me know if that helps. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 31 of 38 (1,101 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Xbox One X Error

★★★ Novice

So much for this being a place of support and help. 

Message 32 of 38 (1,071 Views)

Re: Engine Error

★★★ Newbie

Error reading pak file "R:Vassets/promo/dl_pormo_2020_01_07.rpak" -- Error: Short read. 

I get this message right after I load into the lobby of apex, and right after I load in, my game crashes and gives me this error code. what do I do

Message 33 of 38 (964 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Error reading pak "R:\/assets/promo/dl_promo_2020_07_16.rpak" Error short read. What does this mean?? my game keeps crashing and giving me this error.

Message 34 of 38 (945 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Error reading pak "R:\/assets/promo/dl_promo_2020_07_16.rpak" Error short read. I get this error code right after my game crashes on xbox. What do I do.

Message 35 of 38 (945 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @DopeySlade1738

If you follow the file path in the error you're getting it should lead you to the specific .rpak file that's causing the error. Once you find it delete that file, then repair Apex Legends in Origin. See if that helps you get past the error that's been coming up. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 36 of 38 (872 Views)

★ Novice

I had this error with the date set as today and your solution worked. thanks!

Message 37 of 38 (667 Views)

★★★ Newbie

iie

Message 38 of 38 (425 Views)