Engine Error: CreateTexture2D failed to create texture

by koohikoo

Original Post

Apex crashes on RTX 2060 and Ryzen5 3600

★★★ Newbie

I have been struggling for a week to get apex running properly on my PC. I have tried everything suggested on every thread regarding the two issue that i face.

1. 0x887a0006 - dxgi_error device_hung the application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application

2. CreateTexture2D failed for Gfx_TextureAsset_ResizeAndCopy.

I havent been able to play a single game without crashing and would really appreciate any help. 

Message 1 of 7 (1,218 Views)

Re: Apex crashes on RTX 2060 and Ryzen5 3600

Community Manager

@God_Anarchy1 

A clean video driver install via the advanced driver install options should clear this up.

If required, try newer or (counter-intuitively) older drivers.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,178 Views)

Re: Apex crashes on RTX 2060 and Ryzen5 3600

★★★ Newbie

I have tried Installing new graphics driver both from geforce experience and device manager. Also I have rollbacked to the previous version but still the same problem.

Message 3 of 7 (1,173 Views)

Engine Error: CreateTexture2D failed to create texture

★★★ Newbie

Starting today, (2020/8/21) everytime i'd exit a match i'd crash, with an error message saying game security violation #00000006. I kept playing and then i got an error of "CreateTexcture2D Failed to create texture _rt_udatedepth#0#6 with HRESULT 0x800700e: Width 4096, height 4096 mips: 1 copies: 1 imgFormat: 0x29 flags: 0x1080000"

I attempted to try a repair, and that came up clean.Here's the error message 

Message 4 of 7 (1,142 Views)

Freezing after dropping every game

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

This happens 100% of the time as of a few weeks ago. My game would just freeze right after I drop or even in the firing range. In borderless windows mode there will be no error message, but in full screen I would get the following message:

Engine Error 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

I have tried multiple fixes, uninstalling, repairing, setting launch options, compatibility mode, bios settings, downgrading drivers and countless other "fixes". Haven't been able to play the game at all for the past few weeks.

Message 5 of 7 (1,138 Views)

apex legends crash createtexture2d failed to create

★★★ Newbie

apex legends crash createtexture2d failed to create keeps showing up after i start up the game.

Message 6 of 7 (1,090 Views)

Re: apex legends crash createtexture2d failed to create

★★★ Guide
@Gyrophone Got that the other day as well, but only once. Don't know what caused it though.
Message 7 of 7 (1,082 Views)