Engine Error 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

by hompalumpasan

Original Post

Re: 0x887A0006 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG / REMOVED after update 9/14/2019

★ Novice

Okay, after 15 min, im back. No.. Thats not the solution. I tried everything and I still have the issue.

Restore video drivers (uninstall, clean, and re-install), also restore BIOS by default (worked for 1 day), and other ways to try it, but nothing works...

This issue is pissing me off a lot, it should be solved after last nvidia patch (442.50), but its not... Actually, starts appearing after that patch. But I think that was just a coincidence.

Help please 

Message 61 of 86 (4,255 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm sorry to hear that man, i have not a single crash for a week+ so now, the only things i changed is what i did at my last post, i did some windows updates, disabled EVERYTHING in origin and i changed my Arctis pro headset to Earbuds. I changed nothing else. Maybe i just got lucky i suppose.

Message 62 of 86 (4,222 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys. I finnaly got to fix problem on my PC. I just turned off all nvidia audio driver stuff in device manager. I attached image.

What i did before that didn't help:

* clean driver installation

* DDU utility

* bios update

* all possible driver update 

* directX reinstall

* old drivers till first one was released

* windows reinstall

* bios settings change

Only closing this two things got me to play apex today for couple of hours. Hope it will help you too

Message 63 of 86 (4,135 Views)

★ Novice
@WrongJ I tried a handful of things. im running a r9 270x.. i tried yur suggestion amongst others.. i was like. pfft now way. and welp.. it DIDNT work. haha. but then i decided to try and put my game to 720 instead of 1080.. and it runs fine now.. no clue why.. but whatever.. im ok with it for now
Message 64 of 86 (4,103 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm still getting this annoying error, anyone with any tips on how to solve? I've tried almost everything...

Message 65 of 86 (3,843 Views)

Re: Game Won't Run B/C of Engine Errors

★★★ Newbie

EA don't give a F about us .. i ame ghetting that  * eror in RNAKED  PLATINUM * my matches my i lost 400 points with that stupid eror i ame goint to play WARZONE NO FUCCKING ERORS THERE EA YOU SUCK !

Message 66 of 86 (3,798 Views)

★★ Novice

@Pa1nK1leR wrote:

Hello to Everyone. I have the same problem and the game is always crashing for me. After season 4 i am constantly crashing every 2-3 games.I had to press W+TAB to see either 0x887A006 or 0x887A005 error.

I did something yesterday night and i haven't crash since, dont know if it's a coinsidence. Have tried before every possible solution i could find here, reddit Etc, including formatting 2 times etc etc.

So, what i did yesterday ? I thought how come these streamers not crash ? And i found someone launching the game with the following commands :

First of all, at origin right click Apex Legends - game properties - advanced launch options and i added the following :

+exec autoexec -refresh 240 -console - preload -forcenovsync -high     

Notice here after refresh you should enter your monitor's refresh rate - mine is 240 , and also you have to make an Autoexec file for the first command to apply. Plenty of How-To make

Autoexec.cfg on internet, i will only type what i have in the Autoexec :  

mat_compressedtextures 1
cl_ragdoll_collide 0
fps_max 0
cl_forcepreload 1

So that's all i did and the game feels very smooth, i havent had a single crash and specially at Firing range which i could not play even 5 minutes before.... Could you try this too and see if it works ? I noticed the fps are not so stable, many ups and downs, BUT the game is really very very smooth since.

My rig is 9900k - 5.0ghz / 1.290v (notice here that i have AVX Offset 0) - 2080ti - Gigabyte Aorus Master / M.2 / 16Gb Ram @3600

Hope i dont crash again and this could help the community too.

@Pa1nK1leR Cheers man it worked for me and hopefully it stays that way. 

Message 67 of 86 (3,761 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1.使用ddu刪除gpu驅動程序,並讓Windows Update下載gpu驅動程序

2.將您的BIOS設置為默認值(我相信這確實起到了作用)

1, 优先重置了bios默认。还是无效奔溃

2,进入安全模式,  使用ddu刪除gpu驅動程序,重启Windows,並讓Windows Update下載gpu驅動程序   成功了,人物角色节目挂机10分钟没有奔溃,感谢你!  

重置bios后,发现我的GHuB 无法正确识别键盘鼠标,顺便卸载了GHUB ,   但愿与罗技 GHUB 软件无关。

现在可以顺利进行游戏了,稍后我尝试重新安装GHUB  Standard smile

Message 68 of 86 (3,675 Views)

★★★ Newbie

失败,我以为解决了问题,但是还是失败了, 什么都没有改变的情况下,第二天玩游戏,人物界面待机5分钟后奔溃了,出现错误。  非常伤心难过

Message 69 of 86 (3,625 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tengo el mismo problema

Message 70 of 86 (3,550 Views)