Engine Error 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

by hompalumpasan

Original Post

Crashing constantly since new season 3

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

(Please mind my english, not too good at it)

Hi guys, so, I've been playing Apex since it came out, and had no problem while playing it, played season 1 and 2 pretty good, but now at season 3, I've been experiencing multiple crashes in game, that never happened to me, and some parts of the new map Melt Down has some really bright red or blue parts of the ground, around Capitol city and the floor is completely red, laser field covered like. Ive tried to Uninstall the graphics drivers, update them, repair the game, uninstall and then install again and the problem is still there. The crash occurs randomly, sometimes i get to win, sometimes it crashes when i'm top 2 with my squad, and its kinda annoying.
Can someone help me out? Please?

I'm a low spec gamer, but as I said, season 1 and 2 didn't gave me any problems...

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
System Manufacturer: HP
System Model: HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs0xxx
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
Memory: 12GB RAM

Intel UHD 620

Error: 0x887a0006 dxgi_error_device_hung

Message 31 of 86 (3,530 Views)

My game crashed every time I open it

★★★ Newbie

ProductApex Legends
PlatformPC
Please specify your platform model: PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number:  AMD Radeon R7 250 Series
Enter RAM memory size in GB: 16GB system, 8GB video
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? MinyGeckoGamer
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. N/A
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Octane
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?N/A
Where did the issue occur? When I open the game it comes up with the error.
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menuI was in the lobby 1 second after it came up
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I was opening the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? N/A
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? None it happens instantly
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 10.16.2019 6:00 EST
How often does the bug occur? 100% of the time
How severe is your issue? The issue is extreme because I can't even open the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes to this error: Engine Error - 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.
What should be happening instead? The game should not be crashing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the game

Game crashes to this error: Engine Error - 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.

Message 32 of 86 (3,520 Views)

Apex Game Hung

★★★ Newbie

Hello Apex Team!  I am having non-stop crashes within 15 seconds of loading into the game. I am getting this error code/message: "0x887A0006 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG This applications device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is a design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed."  My Pc specs are: GPU-RTX 2080, CPU-i7 9700k, 32GB's of RAM. Thanks!

Message 33 of 86 (3,519 Views)

Re: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG (RX 580 8GB)

★★★ Apprentice
@Pauliusenko still having this issue? i sure am
Message 34 of 86 (3,312 Views)

Re: Engine Error 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★★★ Apprentice
@TheFlash2049 i havent gotten any real help either EA chat is useless. still having this issue?
Message 35 of 86 (3,307 Views)

Re: Apex Game Hung

★★★ Apprentice
@spergg your not gunna get any help, ive been posting like crazy. talking to EA chat support every other weekend. after over amonth still crash every couple games.
Message 36 of 86 (3,292 Views)

Re: Engine Error 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★ Novice

I just got the engine error in 9 dec after school.

but I mailed EA and they helped me but there were one problem when I got the settings to fix apex engine errors I tried to play it but it didn’t work.

Message 37 of 86 (3,253 Views)

0x887A0006

★★★★ Novice

game crashes with this error still its been 8 months i thought it was fixed lol 

pc specs ryzen 3600 rtx 2080 16gb ram 

Message 38 of 86 (3,231 Views)

Engine Error

★★★ Novice

apex.PNG

Anybody got this error before? What is it??

Message 39 of 86 (3,212 Views)

Re: Engine Error

★★ Novice

i've started getting the same error recently, same as my brother, he tried all the possible solutions found on the internet, i havent yet... gonna try driver rollback tho, but he had the issue also on previous driver so i dont expect any miracles.... we both are running rtx 2070 super we got recently and we had no issues on our previous nvidia cards.

Message 40 of 86 (3,150 Views)