Engine Error 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

by hompalumpasan

Original Post

Re: Game Won't Run B/C of Engine Errors

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for rounding everyone up @EA_Blueberry 

I'm sorry but I'm not about to downgrade my drivers 2 years back because someone said they played for 2 hours without crashing...

Message 11 of 86 (6,437 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

actually it's been 6 hours with no crash, i had one every two games before.

i also tried updateing to a newer version but that crashed when i entered a game, wouldn't harm you to try it.

Message 12 of 86 (6,430 Views)

★ Apprentice

i havent logged in a couple days, allmost broke my keyboard.

i'l take a closer look tomorrow

Message 13 of 86 (6,398 Views)

★★★ Novice

i am using RTX 2060.this is Amd

Message 14 of 86 (6,377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@YKahveci  this is from respawn " If you are getting this error and use an Nvidia card, we’ve seen that rolling back to the 417.35 and 417.71 drivers appears to have fixed this error for MOST users or reduced the frequency of the crashes. "

Message 15 of 86 (6,371 Views)

★ Guide

i think i figured out why it stoped crashing lol what a bruh moment, the game is runing on my intel gpu, not sure if swtching to newer driver sets it to the amd which causes the crashing but ill look into it

soo sorry guyssdddd.png

Message 16 of 86 (6,361 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Blueberryso is the game supposed to use 100% of my gpu on the game lobby, cause i think this is what's causing the crash but who knows i mean the game was running with no crashes on my intel gpu which is lower than my amd

sasa.png

edit: so i did a ddu uninstall and then reinstalled the driver which seams to have stoped the high cpu uasge but dx diag hung is still here im so furstrated, can't even play the game probably.

Message 17 of 86 (6,351 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have i5 9400f so i dont have gpu for intel.Just have Rtx 2060.I just hope Apex developers and Nvidia developers work together for this issue.

Message 18 of 86 (6,335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

ok so found an actual fix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8-EgUcrwOs

adding tdrlevel to your registery, the game tries to crash but instead lags for two seconds

edit: actually nevermind im so done

edit2: okay my last edit, it did in fact get fixed it just the video is for 32-bit and im 64-bit so you make Qword instead of Dword.

edit3: still crashing like a proCool

Message 19 of 86 (6,315 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

so apperntly titanfall 2 had the same exact problem and amd released a driver fix but i doubt this will work with my gpuamd.png

Message 20 of 86 (6,295 Views)