Re: Engine Error 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

by WiseWayy

Original Post

Engine Error 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★★★ Newbie

While playing, Engine Error 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is a design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed. 

No lagging or other game play issues occur, this error just randomly pops up and closes out of the game. Playing on PC, have uninstalled/reinstalled Apex Legends, and have tried repairing the game to no avail. 

Message 1 of 9 (10,224 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem, I have a feeling they're going to start losing players soon due to the lack of crash fixes. Nothing fixes it, many posts saying revert back to drivers 417.35 or 417.71, but didn't work for me. Not like my computer is a pile of crap either.

Message 2 of 9 (10,208 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This happens to me once in 30 minutes at least. So annoyed.
Message 3 of 9 (10,179 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, we will start losing players love this game but when im playing and i get some good loot start running to the zone and BAM, game closes really starting to get to me, not even worth reopening the game just to have it crash again, i dont get why no fixes have come out yet

Message 4 of 9 (10,179 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, the error you are seeing is generally related to your GPU, the best thing to do is a clean install of your GPU drivers. 

You also need to ensure that you:

• Have installed driver 417.35
  • Turn on vsync
  • Perform a clean bootbefore attemting to play the game
  • Ensure you have power supply capable of meeting the demands of your hardware while it is under heavy gaming load
  • Set all in game graphics settings to low in order to reduce the stress on your GPU.
  • Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
  • Run your video card at stock speeds (memory and core). This is also important for players with factory overclocked cards. This will require some third party software such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner etc.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 9 (10,163 Views)

★★ Novice

That is quite the list, just in order to decrease your chance of crashing. Are you guys fixing this, or is it in Nvidia's hands? 

Message 6 of 9 (10,154 Views)

★★ Novice

What about those of us, like myself, who are running an AMD Radeon and still getting these crashes? Clearly I can't downgrade my nvidia drivers.. whats the magic fix because this is getting ridiculous now. We shouldn't be having to fix this issue as it is a GAME issue, the error even states it is due to the games coding, not the GPU or only a select few cards would be affected, not 90-freaking-% of them.

Message 7 of 9 (10,134 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Everyone posting here should go contribute a report on the Pinned thread. They're collecting info to fix these DXGI problems.    

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/DXGI-Error-info-gathering/m-p/7538285#M23274

Message 8 of 9 (10,128 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@LGN_RESPVWN WoW Ive killed 3 vs 1 have a good loot then BAM crash error. First time btw gtx1080mq.

It pops out exactly when ive picked the banner. The Nvidia drivers is old. I usually dont bother to update it. I will try to update it now.
Message 9 of 9 (4,422 Views)