Re: Game Won't Run B/C of Engine Errors

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Could this be what's causing my engine error

★ Guide

so i just got this, could it be what's causing the problem?

BOON.png

Message 21 of 86 (6,605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

okay guys so i finally fixed it and this is my last post about this issue so sorry about the spam

i can't pin point which one did it as i did 3 things, but maybe this can help you

1. use ddu to remove your gpu drivers and let windows update download the gpu drivers

2. rest your bios to default ( i believe this one  actually did the trick)

3. rest your radeon settings to default

this worked like a charm and i actually updated my gpu after this to the latest drivers (version 19.8.1) and it didn't crash, and it's been like that for 2 days.

here's proof that i actually made it to an end of game (have won 2 times since it stopped crashing, lets hope i can't get the rest before the event is over :/)

boy.png

Message 22 of 86 (106,141 Views)

Community Manager

@g1g2_mozo wrote:

okay guys so i finally fixed it and this is my last post about this issue so sorry about the spam

i can't pin point which one did it as i did 3 things, but maybe this can help you

1. use ddu to remove your gpu drivers and let windows update download the gpu drivers

this worked like a charm and i actually updated my gpu after this to the latest drivers (version 19.8.1) and it didn't crash, and it's been like that for 2 days.

here's proof that i actually made it to an end of game (have won 2 times since it stopped crashing, lets hope i can't get the rest before the event is over :/)

boy.png

@g1g2_mozo 

Congratulations on getting that Solo win and for keeping everyone in the post updated on what helped you out. All PCs behave differently but we generally see those 3 steps you posted above work consistently for a lot of players. Resetting BIOS is a task that should be carefully performed, but we've seen a ton of players mention crashes were resolved by updating it or resetting to default. I've seen plenty of DxDiags where the BIOS date is 6+ years old, so it makes sense that helps avoid crashes once updated.

Thanks again and good luck in Kings Canyon! :eahigh_file:

Blueberry.png
Message 23 of 86 (6,597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Blueberrythank you!, hope this helps the other guys suffering Large smile

Message 24 of 86 (6,588 Views)

Community Manager

@g1g2_mozo wrote:

@hompalumpasan 

Let us know if this helps! Standard smile

Blueberry.png
Message 25 of 86 (6,578 Views)

DXGI Error Device Hung

★★★ Novice

Hi. Today I got this message: "0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed." It happend right in the middle of a game. I just ran around looting in the game and suddenly the game just froze and that message popped up. It is so frustrating! It has happend a few times before but it seemed to have stopped. Until today. 

Does anyone know a way to fix this and/or what the cause may be???

Message 26 of 86 (6,506 Views)

0x887A0006 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG / REMOVED after update 9/14/2019

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Had no problems playing Apex for months.  Rarely crashed in-game.

However once I updated Apex today, I started getting this error every single time I try to play.  Sometimes immediately after entering lobby.  After rebooting, it takes longer to occur, but always pops up within a few minutes.

Tried DDU + older driver versions, TdrDelay, reinstalling Apex- nothing helps.

Have not been able to play a single game since.  Sometimes HUNG, sometimes REMOVED, sometimes the anti-cheat freezes my PC as well.

Attached screenshot of the error popup and DXDiag.

Thanks for the help.

** Update - running benchmarks like 3DMark freezes as well, so this maybe outside of Apex.  Swapping PSU and does not help.  Could be GPU.  Will try and find another to swap.

Message 27 of 86 (6,549 Views)

Legends Engine Error 0x887A0006 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★ Novice

Hi there. I having problem with game and having error

Legends Engine Error 0x887A0006 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG...

I older version of drivers not make difrent, repaired game multiple times, tryed clean OS instal, tryed registry fix method, tryed disable all overlays and hardware aceleration what I could find... Also sotimes my screen just goes black the I see sighn no signal and options is only reset buton... 

Strange thing this error is mostly hapening on evenings then game is mostly populated, at mornings or in midle of day is kinda all good. Then its it like about 7pm its becoming unplayable, I geting this crash after every match on meniu screen if not in midle, if it is woned game im mostly 100% of time got same crash then anouncer says you Apex Legend and BAM - crash...

Im using ryzen 2600 and 5700xt, 16 gb ram 750w psu...

What is my options?

It could be amd drivers but how it crashing by time of the day difrent makes my thinking It can be not only amd foult. Could be game is not dealing with new architecture of rx 5700 series? 

Message 28 of 86 (6,486 Views)

0x887A0006_DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★ Novice

I have been getting this crash every few rounds for months. I was told by EA to install Nvidia driver 417.35 and that would fix the issue, it has not worked. I was then told to use Display Uninstaller(i forgot what it was called - DDU I think) and then reinstall the newest driver for Nvidia and then "repair the game". That did not work. I have downclocked my GPU and CPU and it still crashes. I have uninstalled Origin completely and then reinstalled it and Apex and it still does it. I have done just about every combination of all of that, nothing works. This is the ONLY game that crashes. (PUBG, Fortnite, CS:GO do not crash at all)

The exact crash message that pops up is " 0x887A0006_DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed".

CAN SOMEONE FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS HELP ME!

Below are the main specs of my PC:

i9-9900k - (overclocked 5ghz - 1.36v)

RTX 2080 - MSI Gaming Trio (overclocked 130mhz core/950mhz mem)

16gb TridentZ RGB RAM - 3000mhz

Message 29 of 86 (6,466 Views)

Re: Engine Error 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★ Novice

I have been getting this crash every few rounds for months. I was told by EA to install Nvidia driver 417.35 and that would fix the issue, it has not worked. I was then told to use Display Uninstaller(i forgot what it was called - DDU I think) and then reinstall the newest driver for Nvidia and then "repair the game". That did not work. I have downclocked my GPU and CPU and it still crashes. I have uninstalled Origin completely and then reinstalled it and Apex and it still does it. I have done just about every combination of all of that, nothing works. This is the ONLY game that crashes. (PUBG, Fortnite, CS:GO do not crash at all)

The exact crash message that pops up is " 0x887A0006_DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed".

CAN SOMEONE FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS HELP ME!

Below are the main specs of my PC:

i9-9900k - (overclocked 5ghz - 1.36v)

RTX 2080 - MSI Gaming Trio (overclocked 130mhz core/950mhz mem)

16gb TridentZ RGB RAM - 3000mhz

Message 30 of 86 (6,443 Views)