Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Endless loading screen

by Delgorath

Original Post

Endless loading screen

★★★★ Novice

I just loaded Andromeda on my computer and I can't get past the 10 minutes of the game.  I get to the point where they are going down to Habitat 7 and when they get on the shuttles and leave the screen just loads and loads and loads etc. and never gets past this point.  I get music to begin with but it eventually stops and all I get is black screen except the little loading circles in the bottom right.  Anyone able to help me with this one?  Thanks

Message 1 of 12 (169 Views)

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/READ-FIRST-How-To-Get-An-ANSWER/m-p/5954288#M4521

Some basics since you didn't include any real tech data to even try to help you are.....

1)  Repair the game in origin.

2)  Try lowering the graphics or playing in windowed mode.

3)  Making sure game is set to run as administrator as well as origin.

4)  Make sure your drivers are up to date.

5) Make sure your computer meets min specs.

If you want more specific help, then you need to read the post at the link I gave and post the data it asks for.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 12 (156 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry I'm not a very techie so not sure what you need to know.  My laptop is Dell Inspiron 5000 and it's new as of January of this year. It's Windows 10 and as it's the first computer I've ever had with this I can't seem to find anything.  I tried just about every fix I can find online but nothing has worked.  I can run every other Bioware game but not this one.

Do I lower the graphics in the game itself or on windows? 

Thanks for trying to help me.  Rather disappointed I can't play this game even if it has gotten a lot of hate.

Message 3 of 12 (150 Views)
Highlighted

Message 4 of 12 (145 Views)

From what I can tell, Inspiring 5000 doesn't have a real graphics chip by nvidia or amd, it only has the Intel crap. This means it will probably NEVER work on this machine. If my research is wrong then you are lucky, if no sorry, play on a different machine.
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 5 of 12 (134 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I found this "AMD Radeon R7 Graphics" under my display.  Sorry like I said I'm not all that good at this stuff. 

If it can't run then I guess I won't be playing it for a while.  Someday I might be able to get a gaming laptop.

Thanks for your help.  Back to playing the original Mass Effect and Dragon Age as they all work fine. 

Message 6 of 12 (124 Views)

I see you totally ignored the TWO links posted to show you HOW to get and post the needed info.....
If you list a AMD r7 then you may well be able to run it.....so why don't you read the links and post the data so we can find out...
Message 7 of 12 (115 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No I didn't ignore them I followed the instructions.  Some of them didn't work the same and so I've been trying to figure out how to get the information.  I'm new to windows 10 and it's taken some digging to get what I need to know. 

This is what I know about my system

AMD A12-9700p RADEON R7, 10 Compute Cores 4c +6g 2.50 GHZ

8 GB

64-bit operating system, x64 base processor

Is that everything I need to give?

Message 8 of 12 (107 Views)

No, we NEED the DxDiag file....

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Guide-Posting-a-DxDiag/td-p/4832663

in win10 basically search DxDiag and click on it in list, let it run then save it and post it to Hastebin per sticky....instructions for both getting and posting it are in link...

This gives us WAY more info than just what you posted, also using something like..

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

and then clicking the look up button top right should give actual numbers of the R7 video card/chip you have to let us know even more....but it is info we need, we aren't trying to be mean, or unhelpful or anything, but trying to help you with the basic info is like trying to describe a rainbow to a blindman and he has no idea what color is....

Message 9 of 12 (96 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok I used techpowerup link you gave and I've attached the information according to the instructions from the first link you gave so I hope it's there because it won't let me cut and paste the information.  I've also figured out the DXDiag as well so if this info isn't right I can add that.  Sorry to be so dumb about this but all of this is way beyond any trouble shooting I do in my day to day life and computers are not my area of expertise.  On the upside it has forced me to actually try to figure out some stuff about Windows 10.  I can't say I like it much but I expect you get use to an older version of it and prefer it.  I do appreciate your help.  If it won't run on my laptop it won't be the end of the world and I'm only out $40.   

Message 10 of 12 (87 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help