Endless black screen cannot launch game

by SaijeNode

Original Post

Endless black screen cannot launch game

★★ Apprentice

Almost 99-100% of the time, the game will not launch properly.
upon launching game from desktop icon or in origin, i get a black screen, then the EA, DICE, and Frost logos appear, then i loading wheel in the top right. then an endless black screen. ive left it overnight a few times and still a blank black screen in the morning.  Music still plays

this has been happening for over a month since i first bought the game before the 5.2 update and its patch. 

I have tried many supposed "fixes" I have updated my drivers, nothing is blocked by firewalls or antivirus, I run programs as administator, in compatibility mode for windows 8 since im on wondows 8.1, Disabled display scaling on high DPI settings.
ive tried repairing/verify game files, ive uninstalled, reinstalled game, deleted documents battlefield folder, tested changing settings in the PROFSAVE_profile file.

NOTHING is working.

Would apreciate ANY advice and help please.

Here is a video showing what is happening every time:  https://youtu.be/8_w374U7WAY

I attatched my DxDiag

Message 1 of 7 (664 Views)

Re: Endless black screen cannot launch game

Community Manager

Hey @SaijeNode

Looking at the DxDiag you sent us I'm afraid your CPU does not meet the minimum requirements to run Battlefield V. The minimum Intel CPU that's supported for BFV is an i5-6600K. Unfortunately your i7-4710HQ is an older model with a lower clock speed and does not meet the requirements. 

You can find more information on the minimum and recommended requirements on the Battlefield website

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 7 (620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_Kentseriously?? then why has the game run many times before, run smoothly and without interruption many times. the only problem being the game not launching properly more often than not

Message 3 of 7 (600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

how do i request an refund? The game when it launches, works just fine without issue. when it does launch. which used to be 50% of the time. now rarely

Message 4 of 7 (594 Views)

★★ Apprentice

the game has shown to work just fine many times, enough that ive played over 70 hours just fine already.  do you think that the processor is really the issue? 

Message 5 of 7 (585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I just cleared the cashe for origin then restarted my laptop and origin. the game just launched properly first try.  and im playing the game right now.

of course many things ive tried had this result only to go back to the same issue. but just sayin... well... either way, i should get a new computer... mine is very outdated. if you say my proc doesnt meet min requirements, i have no solid argument for a refund i suppose

Message 6 of 7 (570 Views)

Community Manager

Even if your PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements you may still be able to play the game to an extent, but we aren't really able to troubleshoot issues if you're seeing problems. If something starts happening that's preventing the game from running properly, or if you are seeing performance issues we can't really offer a solution if the PC doesn't meet minimum requirements. 

I'm afraid that a refund isn't really something that we could look into here on Answers HQ. Considering that you were playing the game for quite a bit before now you may not be eligible, but for more info on how you can check visit the EA Help website

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 7 (509 Views)