Re: End User License Agreement Keeps Popping Up (Dec 2018) Battlefront 2

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

End User License Agreement Keeps Popping Up (Dec 2018) Battlefront 2

★★★ Novice

Everytime I open the Battlefront 2 app after turning on my Xbox One, the EA End User License Agreement pops up. Even though, I’ve accepted it like 100x now. I’ve tried declining it, or doing whatever, but it always happens after I turn off and turn on my xbox. 

Once I get into the game, assistant pop-up menu’s educate me about the game like it was my first time playing again, every single time. And all my Star Cards, Emotes, and Appearances are always unequipped. So I always have to equip them for the characters I want to use. Makes for a pretty annoying set up before playing. 

Not the end of the world, but definitely annoying and would like a solution or to see if anyone else is facing this issue.

I know this issue was something a lot of people were facing during the Beta, and I saw solutions online, but I don’t want to delete all my account data.

I have the downloadable version of the game on my Xbox One, but I know it isn’t related to my version, because my friend has a disc version on his console and whenever I play on my account on his console, I also have the same issue. For his account, he doesn’t though. 

It started in November and I called EA Support to ask for help. They had me restart my xbox and stuff, but to no avail. They filed my report and the support guy said it was the first he had heard of it. 

I got this game as a preorder and have progress from when the game first launched.

Anyone got a solution that doesn’t involve deletion of my account data? 

Message 1 of 15 (3,609 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Someone helped me fix it!

"@WoofWoofWolffe

Hey, for that EA license agreement thing my friend figured it out. You have to go to the "player data" on "my games and apps" and delete it for BF2. But when you re open the game your stuff will stay and the EA message goes away."

https://twitter.com/Desertfox1843/status/1212940461456932864?s=20

View in thread

Message 14 of 15 (3,555 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @WoofWoofWolffe

All your Multiplayer progress is saved to our servers so you won't have to worry about losing all that if you uninstall. Have you tried re-installing the game yet? Generally, these steps below fix errors for a lot of things:

1. Power cycle the console: http://bit.ly/XB1_PowerCycle

2. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 15 (3,489 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Blueberry!

Thank you so much for responding and offering a solution.

I power cycled my console, deleted my MAC address, and uninstalled Battlefront 2 on my console.

After reinstalling it, I still had the issue arise again. Is there another solution, I could try?

Best, 

CommanderWolffee

Message 3 of 15 (3,470 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

I tried locating some workaround solutions for you in our Answers HQ and it doesn't look like anyone else has reported this specific bug.

When you go to Options in game and then to Account do you have Share Usage Data Enabled? I'm curious as to whether that's disabled which could be causing it to pop back up.

Does this happen if you go on a different Xbox Gamertag?

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 15 (3,457 Views)

★★★ Novice

Share Usage Data is Enabled.

And, when I log in with other Xbox Gamertags, they don't have an issue. It only affects mine.

Which is @WoofWoofWolffe

Message 5 of 15 (3,448 Views)

Community Manager

That's a little odd, but it sounds like it's EA account specific then. It might be worth reaching out to our Live-Support team when you have a few minutes so they can pull up your account and just take a quick look to see if there is anything that could be causing this. Sorry for any trouble it's been causing and may the Force be with you.

Here is how to get in touch with Live-Support

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 15 (3,431 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, thank you for your help, Blueberry.

I emailed Live Support and reported the bug.

Best, 

CommanderWolffee

Message 7 of 15 (3,423 Views)

★★★ Novice

Update (May 2019):

This problem still has not been solved, and I tried whatever the guy told me.

I still log in to the game and have Star Cards, appearances, emotes, etc. reset, as well as Tutorial enabled. 

I have no Arcade save progress and I participated in the May 4th event for Princess Leia's new "Princess" skin, but did not receive it like everyone else did.

Is there another solution, without me losing my game data? I have played this game since Day 1 Launch.

I am a Youtuber with 55K subscribers and 14 Million+ views (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu2OwSMtmGNzbN4EE5oBuuA?disable_polymer=true)

and I play this game everyday. It would be great to have this fixed.

Message 8 of 15 (3,375 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, @WoofWoofWolffe 

Have you verified the email for your account by logging into your account at profile.ea.com, Origin.com, or Help.EA.com?

If not, it leads me to believe that's what is causing to send you in a loop every time.

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 15 (3,330 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Blueberry ,

Thank you for arriving to help, once again! I really appreciate it.

So you were right, that my email had not been verified yet for my EA account.

Now it is verified, however, the EA User Agreement still shows up on my launch of Battlefront 2.

Should I report another bug or is there another recommended course of action? Thanks

/CommanderWolffee

Message 10 of 15 (3,310 Views)