Re: Email verifcation error

by Belgorad

Original Post

Email verifcation error

★★★★★ Newbie

Ive been trying to play now that im lvl 20 and my email, no matter what email account i use, it never works, ive used 3 different email accounts and i really dont think that people have to spend 2 hours scrolling through other posts finding 0 useful information over a stupid email validation

any help anyone can provide is appreciated

Message 1 of 5 (987 Views)

Hero

@Alkamos001

What email addresses have you used?  I use gmail for example and have no issues receiving the one-time password.  If you have not already I would use gmail and see if it's received there.  Also with gmail if you have already used it ensure that Under Settings in the top right which is the gear Icon, go into Labels and make sure no labels are hidden.

Labels are folders and the email may have gone into one of them.  Also use you@googlemail.com instead of you@gmail.com as I have seen suggested in other threads as well.

If your email has a search box you can try searching for the email as well.

Lastly ensure that no-reply@bioware.swtor.com is added to your email safe-senders list in settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 5 (963 Views)

@Alkamos001

There is this guide on email validation

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 3 of 5 (952 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
i get the email but when i click on the link it says there was an error validating the email address, but i will try the @googlemail thing
Message 4 of 5 (916 Views)

Hero

@Alkamos001

Try different browsers when you click on the link and see if that makes a different or even try to copy and paste it if possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 5 of 5 (912 Views)