Re: Email not validating

by robzrealm

Original Post

Email not validating

★★★ Newbie

HI all, I having trouble getting the game to validate my email i would like to sub but with this issue i can not.

Message 1 of 4 (205 Views)

@arctic1983

It maybe best to use a different email address 

if you use a gmail email just use you@googlemail.com instead of you@gmail.com

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 4 (202 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I'm having the same issues too using multiple email accounts, and not receiving anything after checking BOTH inbox and spam folder on each email account for the last several days.   simply am not getting an email to move forward with the sub.  I will call them and post here what they say to help you and others after you who are having this similar issue.

Message 3 of 4 (183 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Okay here's what I found out from Customer Service after speaking with them on the phone.  It has something to do with your display name.  Everything is linked to the display name that you initially setup when you first started the game.  Here are the steps

Step One:  Go to the log-in screen.  Where it shows the display name field, you will see under that field, "Forgot your display name?  Click on that

Step Two: It will take you another page to type in your email address.  Once you hit submit, give it a few moments for you it to reach your inbox. Open up that message and see if the display name is the same as the one you recently were using.  If the display name is different on the email message you received, that's the problem.  If it is the same display name, then I would call Customer Service and have them walk you through the steps to get you access to subscribing.

Step Three:  Go back to the login page and select "Forgot password".  It will take you to another page prompting for your display name.  Type it in and hit the submit key.

Step Four:  You will receive another email message with a link to click.  It will open up a page and prompt you to put in a new password.  

Step Five:  Go back to log in page and type that display name and password.  Once you are logged in, go to "My Account" and find the subscription plan you wish to purchase and it should work from there.

It worked for me so I hope this helps you assuming you are having the same exact issue as me.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4 (162 Views)