Original Post

Elaaden quest bugs: "The Flophouse" and "Settling Elaaden"

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What edition do you have? Standard Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug I can't set an outpost on Elaaden despite having the viability at 88%. Also, the Flophouse quest is bugged.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region North America
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service? Bright House
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know if this bug happens often but I can't set an outpost on Elaaden and nothing happens after disabling the alarm in the flophouse quest.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Please enter memory size in GB. 1tb
‌Elaaden's viablity is at 88%. I have done the monoliths and have also cleared the vault. I have also resolved the tension in the krogan colony. When ever I go the the outpost marker, it won't let me set up an outpost. I think what is preventing me from setting an outpost is the quest "The Flophouse". After disabling the security, nothing happens. There is no marker to go to and it's stuck on "hold your ground until security system can be hacked".
Message 1 of 41 (21,085 Views)

Re: Elaaden quest bugs: "The Flophouse" and "Settling Elaaden&quo

★★★ Newbie
The same exact thing is happening to me. I've tried everything to fix it, buy it keeps telling me to clear out the Flophouse
Message 2 of 41 (20,877 Views)

Re: Elaaden quest bugs: "The Flophouse" and "Settling Elaaden&amp

★★ Novice

Exact same thing here. I hacked the terminal at the Flophouse, it unlocked the lower level which I cleared but when I go upstairs the two doors are still locked and I cannot "clear it". Now after too many dang hours I can't even settle the planet because of this. 

Message 3 of 41 (20,836 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You were able to somehow scan or activate the datapad during the remanent drive core quest that is located at the one crash site? That one datapad is all that is keeping me from finding the core and resolving the tension in the krogan colony. My viability is at 100 on Elaaden, but that one quest is keeping me from being able to put down an outpost.

Message 4 of 41 (20,722 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Similarly, I've resolved the krogan tension and have finished the flophouse quest, but the settling Elaaden quest still tells me to relieve the krogan tensions.. Even though I have 100% viability! Really wanting to love the game but so many bugs stopping me from finishing quests so far!

Message 5 of 41 (20,618 Views)

Re: Elaaden quest bugs: "The Flophouse" and "Settling Elaaden&amp

★ Apprentice

That one datapad is all that is keeping me from finding the core and resolving the tension in the krogan colony. My viability is at 100 on Elaaden, but that one quest is keeping me from being able to put down an outpost.

.Please EA, fix this. We need a option to reset quests .

Message 6 of 41 (20,002 Views)

★ Novice
Okay guys I figured out why it's glitching. If you try to open the barricaded door after disabling one of the security consoles, it doesn't count the console (3 total). Try to open the door first, then disable all three consoles and the quest proceeds as normal.
Message 7 of 41 (19,635 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im running into the same issue. I beat the flophouse but it shows i have 1 part of it left and when i select the flop house mission it doesnt show me where it is on the map to try and finish it. It will not let me settle on elaaden Until i finish this mission

Message 8 of 41 (19,448 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you clear the command center too? It's the building you couldn't enter before the hacking. After the hack, you can enter the command center from the first floor. Clear out first and the second floor, then activate the switch. 

Even if the marker on the map doesn't show you can do the mission again. You'll notice that the door to the flophouse area won't open. Just go around the mountain and approach from the other side. 

After that, you'll be able to put up the settlement. 

Hope it helps!

Message 9 of 41 (19,192 Views)

★ Novice
Just to clarify, I'm also on xbox one and I can get as far as "clear out the command center" after holding the zone to unlock it. Then it just seems like whatever is supposed to trigger the shutters opening doesn't work and it remains shuttered even walking up to the second floor doors. Can't make settlement without completing this quest! Thanks for fixing promptly, overall really enjoying the game but this kills immersion.
Message 10 of 41 (19,053 Views)