Re: Either stuttering or high input lag, APEX is handling fullscreen badly (PC)

by kalestar

Original Post

★★ Novice

I have noticed something that might close to finding the route cause of this stuttering. 

My comp:

i5 4670k 4.1 ghz

16 gb ram

2060 RTX

I have tried 417.71 drivers and 419.35 drivers. I have done clean installs of drivers with DDU. I have tried decreasing my overclock. 

I continue to have stuttering randomly, microstuttering. I have tried almost every method. This stuttering is only in apex.

I have +cl_showfps 1 enabled on my launch options. Every single time I have a stutter I see in yellow words on the top of my screen "Out of snapshots" which then fades away. Sometimes in yellow a "client hitched" message appears in yellow which fades way. These messages occur EVERY SINGLE TIME in occurrence with the stuttering. ANYONE please help!

Message 21 of 40 (6,115 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hi there,
I'm also having a ton of random microstutter.

I'm running on a
i7 8700, 16GB DDR4 and a RTX2080Ti, game installed on a SSD,1440p Gsync monitor.

The game seems to hold a fairly consistent 140-143FPS, but randomly a small hitch/microstutter will occur, dropping the frames to 130, with the game going back to 143 over the next second or two. Very strange, can't figure it out. Tried most everything suggested across these forums and Reddit.
Message 22 of 40 (6,012 Views)

★★★ Novice

As a workaround for people suffering stutters with relatively new machines, setting texture streaming budget to "None" has alleviated the stutters for me.
Seems odd considering I'm running the 2080ti, but I'll take it. (For now)

Message 23 of 40 (5,981 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just wanted to post here, and update and say I am still having this issue as well...1080ti

Message 24 of 40 (5,665 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@LameBoyColors This completely cured the stutters for me, thank you!!!

Message 25 of 40 (5,433 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah still the same problem for me... RTX 2070 Super here

Message 26 of 40 (4,585 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem, started with s3, also 100%disk usage by apex client it goes away with few games, but fps drops from 144 to 100 but even at 144fps it has microsuttering for 1-2sec its not smooth anymore  like it was.

My spec are: windows 10 pro fresh installed with all drivers, ryzen 5 2600, rx 5700xt, ram 16gb on 3000mhz and ssd 240gb, 144hz acer monitor. 

Tryed everything even lowest graphics doesnt help to have locked 144fps without microsuttering, other games have no problems at all so i this is 100% game! Please do somethig and optimaze game. 

Message 27 of 40 (4,530 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game is doing the same, my game is stuttering REALLY bad. But thing is, I'm on a console, xbox to be exact, it was about 2-3 weeks ago there was a very powerful wind storm, and the power through my city went out, and I just so happen to be playing apex when this occurred, since then my game has been running awful, I've even tried switching servers, uninstalling and then reinstalling the game, switch my wifi network, and nothing seems to be working. I've really enjoyed playing apex these last few months as it has grown on me, and now it is unplayable. Do you know how I could fix this issue? 

Message 28 of 40 (4,502 Views)

★★★ Newbie

January 23, 2020, and this is still an issue. I've tried multiple fixes. When I run around, my keyboard strokes are delayed by seconds sometimes. Sometimes it even feels like the character is moving itself because the keys are so delayed. I've seen many posts with the issue, but no proper fix. 

Full screen optimization, max fps, vsync on/off, cpu priority, DPI settings, all of it. I'm running I5 6600k, Nvidia 1070 on an SSD. This should not be happening. 

Message 29 of 40 (4,055 Views)

★★★ Newbie

https://youtu.be/eTfHLppTxDI This video helped me to get rid of stutter and lag also check the comment section and get rtss 

Message 30 of 40 (3,944 Views)