Re: [Egypt] Special request to EA / Respawn

by CG_Dr-Mada

Original Post

[Egypt] Special request to EA / Respawn

★ Apprentice

Hi there,

Many in Egypt are experiencing issues with EA Games starting January 2016 when the local national regulatory decided to issue orders to all ISPs to block a few VoIP applications that decided not to comply with the local calls. Each ISP blocked it in "their own way" which ended up being a mess for online gaming in general on TE Data, the country's most popular ISP.

TE Data happens to serve more than 75% of the entire population. It is the Egyptian Comcast (US), or BT (UK) and not in a good way. It is way worse than them, but it is available everywhere and it offers the highest speeds so we are kind of forced into using it, at least as a main connection. Other ISPs blocked the VoIPs in a "smarter way" so they did not affect any of the gaming services.

When TE Data applied their VoIP ban hammer many games were affected including yours, Blizzard's and Riot (League of Legends) too. People complained over Blizzard forums and Riot telling them that us as customers contacting the ISP is of no hope, and that they themselves should contact our ISP on our behalf. Both Blizzard and Riot complied with the request, they both contacted the TE Data NOC team and both have their entire gaming libraries unlocked and fully working in Egypt.

We ask you EA to help us and do the same. Please contact TE Data (Egypt) for us. This is for you benefit, because the majority uses it and changing ISPs is not an easy process specially that some areas have nothing but it (just like Comcast in the US).

Oh btw I am not making this up, here is a post from Blizzard itself confirming that they were in talks with TE Data: 

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/17289019527?page=3#post-47

Message 1 of 2 (560 Views)

Re: [Egypt] Special request to EA / Respawn

★★ Novice

is this problem still ?

i was about to buy BT1 , and saw ur topic .

i hope u replay to notify me about it ...

and where is the official replay of EA support on a TOPIC ?

Message 2 of 2 (500 Views)