Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Eero Router Compatibility

by NetNomad

Original Post

Eero Router Compatibility

★ Novice

I've been having pretty significant issues with Anthem since the VIP demo. I get the same errors on both my desktop and laptop which led me to believe that it was a network issue of some sort.

1. 95% Loading screen bug
  2. After salvaging a couple items in the forge, the salvage command is greyed out. If I exit the forge and immediately return to it - my character shows lvl 3 and all my gear is gone.
  3. Once i'm actually in a mission, things run pretty smooth. Once the mission ends I often times get a connection error and lose the loot I obtained.
  4. When I log into the game my character level in the upper left shows as lvl 1

Here is what i've tried so far

• Uninstalling/reinstalling
  • Port forwarding (You can't set a range of ports with the eero, you have to enter them one by one)
  • Turning off firewall

I found a  thread on reddit where people with a eero are having the exact same issues that i'm describing. All my other EA games work perfectly fine - Apex, Battlefield, Madden, etc...

I hope there is a fix soon, i've grinded to lvl30 despite these issues but they seem to be getting worse, making the game virtually unplayable. 

Message 1 of 9 (216 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I have an Eero and Anthem crashes a lot.  It has nothing to do with the Eero though.   It's the same "Error retrieving pilot data" that a lot of people are getting. Just check the previous post in this forum and you will find them.  It something server side that the Devs have to fix.

Message 2 of 9 (210 Views)

★ Novice

Okay great, thank you! I've never actually seen an error like that pop up, but yeah, sounds about right. I'll just sit back and wait for a fix. Thank you for the info kind sir. 

Message 3 of 9 (207 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have the exact same issues as you described and I have an eero and am sure it's the problem and I think you can set range on eero I put the the first port on external and the the second on internal but not sure that's how it's done.
but still same issue the solution I did is just by playing from my iPhone wifi Hotspot since I have unlimited data package but it's sucks I want to be able to play normally with my Lan Cable cause it's faster  

Message 4 of 9 (192 Views)

★ Novice

Okay yeah, I think you're right. Took my laptop to Starbucks, worked just fine. Tried the hotspot from my phone, also worked. 

Message 5 of 9 (182 Views)

★ Novice

Any known solutions yet?  I have worked around my eero routers for the time being, but I really don't want to replace my whole network setup over the issue.

Message 6 of 9 (158 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don’t have an eero router and I am having ridiculous connectivity issues. So I don’t think it is eero, but it may be something to do with routers. I’m running an asus

Message 7 of 9 (153 Views)

★★ Novice

Same exact issues although i have bad cell service in my house so tethering doesnt even work 

Message 8 of 9 (132 Views)

★ Novice

On PS4 and I too can’t play the game when connected to my eero router. If I plug directly into the AT&T U-verse router, the game’s network connection is quite stable. Both are type 2 NAT. 

Message 9 of 9 (127 Views)
Twitter Stream