Re: EasyAnticheat.sys causes microfreezes/stutters

by e1flex

Original Post

EasyAnticheat.sys causes microfreezes/stutters

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello everyone. I'm having some troubles with microfreezes, caused by EasyAntiCheat

I can't say for sure when, but some time ago i've run into some problems with stutters. Once in, about, 15-20 minutes, Apex is lagging pretty hard with constant microfreezes, which makes me completely useless during this time. First i thought this is some kind of hardware/drivers problem, but then i found out the real source.

First, i launched Process Explorer on my second screen and was able to see that freezes are correlated to "System" process cpu usage, which jumps from about 1-2% to 9-10%. 

Second, i recorded cpu usage graph with Windows Management Instrumentation, and opened it in Windows Performance Analyzer. And that's what i got:

https://prnt.sc/s5uyss (sorry, for some reason i can't pin the image)

So, basically, once in about 15-20 minutes EasyAnticheat.sys completely loads one cpu core, which makes game stutter. It lasts for about 1 minute, during this time i'm completely unable to shoot precisely etc. 

What i tried and what didn't work:

1. Reinstalled EAC with this instruction 

2. Tried to manually set EasyAnticheat.exe priority to low in Process Explorer

3. Disabled antivirus (i'm using Kaspersky)

All drivers/windows are up to date, game launches from SSD.

Here's my pc specs, though i'm sure it's not a hardware issue, since all other games work properly:

Ryzen 2600, boosted to 4100mhz

3200mhz CL18 16GB dual-channel ram

RX 5600XT

Samsung Evo 860

Did anyone have the same issue? It doesnt make game completely unplayable, because usually stutters happen when i loot, hide or run from 1 point to another, but when i die to it during fight, it kills me inside. 

Thx for help in advance

P.S. i've thought about limiting cpu usage of easyanticheat.sys, but i guess EAC is smart enough to understand that someone is trying to intercept his work by reducing available resources, which can lead to, at least, game abortion. Or even my account's ban, idk.

Message 1 of 3 (1,648 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Did u ever find a fix?

Message 2 of 3 (1,229 Views)

★ Novice

Nope, eventually i just stopped playing apex Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (1,219 Views)