Easy Anticheat causes BSOD on launch

by Pippiwho

Original Post

Re: Easy Anticheat causes BSOD on launch

★★★★★ Newbie

This sound hilarious, but i had the same problem and the reinstall easy anticheat, not work. The problem was the Adobe Autodesk ( Maya), yesterday installed Maya and blue screen apear every time i run Apex. After many forums and aply every solution i uninstal Autodesk, after that Apex run perfectly

Message 11 of 19 (3,268 Views)

Community Manager

@CapitanLagSparow 

Thanks for sharing this! That's good to know. 

Kent.png
Message 12 of 19 (3,240 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have BSOD since update of easy anticheat yesterday on 2022-03-14, before I had no problems at all 

The .sys file extracted for Apex reads Version 2.0.0.0 

Message 13 of 19 (2,776 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @eluanda

Could you share your DxDiag when you have the chance? For more info on how you can pull one up check out the EA Help website

Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 14 of 19 (2,703 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent Hello, I am having the same issue with Anti Cheat vs. Autodesk Maya 2022 resulting in a BSOD. I am an art student so I can't delete Maya (it's my entire career). If this gets resolved could you tag me as well? I'm not sure how to follow a thread.
Thanks,
gibeegi
Message 15 of 19 (2,609 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @gibeegi

If you click on the Topic Options button up at the top of the thread you should see a Subscribe option in the menu. That will notify you when there's an update to the thread. 

I've seen a few other people mention that Autodesk runs into similar issues with Easy Anti-Cheat. I'm afraid right now the only workaround we have is to uninstall it, but I understand that isn't always possible. 

Kent.png
Message 16 of 19 (2,571 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got frequent BSODs when kids played Fortnite. Specifically: "Stop Code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, what failed: EasyAntiCheat.sys". What caused the damage to me? A gaming mouse with RGB lights. Uninstalled the drivers of the mouse, replaced it with a conventional one. No BSODs since months now. My suggestion: replace anything with RGB lights (keyboard, mouse, etc) with conventional. Hope it helped.

Message 17 of 19 (2,542 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You're a genuine hero for writing this

Message 18 of 19 (2,497 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have solved my issue by updating the device drivers.

Message 19 of 19 (1,004 Views)