Re: Easy Anti-Cheat troubleshooting steps.

by Maokei

Original Post

Easy Anti-Cheat troubleshooting steps.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi, we're seeing a good number of folks who are encountering issues with Easy Anti-Cheat, the steps below may help. 

Follow these steps to ensure your game runs without issues.

While testing, make sure to always launch the game from the official launcher. A common cause for errors is when the game is launched from custom shortcuts and such.

1. Verify connectivity to Easy Anti-Cheat

Ensure you can access our Content Distribution Network by following these links.

You should see the message: 'OK: connection successful'

If neither of the links displays the expected message, make sure that nothing is blocking your Internet connection. If necessary, add Easy Anti-Cheat and the game folder to your firewall exception list or temporarily disable your firewall. Sometimes connection issues are caused by incorrect network router settings. For further assistance, contact your Internet Service Provider.

2. Update Windows

System files that the game relies on may be missing. First, make sure all the latest updates for your operating system are installed.

Secondly, install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Lastly, run the following command with Administrator rights to repair corrupted system files. sfc /scannow

Follow this guide for instructions on running a command with administrative rights.

3. Update the game

The game may fail to start when game files have been corrupted or are missing. Verify the game file integrity.

• In your Origin library, right-click the game panel and choose the repair option.

Errors may also be caused by a corrupted EasyAntiCheat installation. Follow this guide to repair the Easy Anti-Cheat service.

4. Close all unnecessary programs

Some programs on your computer may interfere with the game you're playing or Easy Anti-Cheat. Close all other programs not related to Windows. A 'cold reboot' may be required. Follow this guide for instructions on performing a cold reboot.

5. Manage your anti-virus

A commmon cause for errors is related to a virus infection on your system. Performing a full-system scan is highly recommended. If you don't have an anti-virus or it has been out of date for a while, you can use the software listed in the malware troubleshooting guide.

If the scan does not surface any issues, it may be so that the error is related to anti-virus or similar software being corrupted and falsely blocking Easy Anti-Cheat. Simply disabling it may not entirely stop the software from interfering with Apex Legends. Please uninstall any such software temporarily to verify that the game launches without it. If the game otherwise starts without issues, proceed to add its installation folder to the exception list. Instructions on how to do so can usually be found on the software developer's website. Some are also listed in the anti-virus compatibility guide.

If all else fails...

If the advice listed here did not help you fix the game error then your operating system is most likely heavily corrupted or the hardware is broken. If you have been seeing random system crashes before, we strongly recommend performing a clean Windows installation. A drastic measure, certainly, but one that will ensure that nothing is interfering with the game.

Alternatively, you can ask us for assistance by sending tech support ticket.

Source: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/guides/hardware/

You can also find more advanced error resolutions here and in-depth troubleshooting here.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 16 (128,117 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Give support for the most reliable platform, GNU/Linux!!

Message 2 of 16 (127,924 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Did everything. Still didn't work. Some of us have been waiting for days for a patch and all you do is post showing steps we have all already tried multiple times. Please fix your game.

EDIT FOR THOSE USING WINDOWS 8.1 (this worked for me after trying for days to fix it) - 

First of all you need to turn off automatic windows updates and restart your computer. (If you want to download the updates through windows you need to check for updates through the update manager on windows after changing the update settings to off and re-starting your pc. 

KB3173424 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3173424

KB3172614 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172614

You MUST download the pre-requisites and restart your pc after you do it. This may require multiple restarts as it did for me because the updates kept not showing up at all. I tried doing it through the "windows automatic update" process and the updates did not even show up until I downloaded the pre-requisites manually and restarted my computer once for every time I manually downloaded a different pre-requisite update. 

Message 3 of 16 (127,877 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I tried everything, doesn't work still gives illegal instruction error.
Message 4 of 16 (127,804 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Why Respawn didn't even say anything about those problems? Can't they at least say that they are working on fixing those problems or at least working on finding what causes them?
Message 5 of 16 (127,728 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree - we've all tried these steps and they don't resolve the issue for some of us.  I'm still having the Error Code 30005 (CreateFile failed with 32.) error.

Message 6 of 16 (127,722 Views)

★★★ Guide

Not only that, but here's @EA_David copy and pasting a link that only contains Steam and Uplay instructions, not Origin.

"3. Update the game

The game may fail to start when game files have been corrupted or are missing. Verify the game file integrity.

Please check what you're pasting and modify if necessary, guys.:ealight_bulk:

For Apex, using its game launcher - that's Origin, you'd probably right click the game in your library and hit 'Repair' for a file verification check.

Message 7 of 16 (127,591 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Please let us Linux users play the game! Game works great except for EAC.
Message 8 of 16 (127,501 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_David
Hello! Maybe you will add support SSE 4.1? Is it possible? Thanks
Message 9 of 16 (127,370 Views)

★ Guide

STill wount work (Apex)  crashes while on your splash load screen at the end, memory error like eveyone else running win7 and 8.1 are getting.

even tried closing steam just incase 2 anticheats were conflicting not even that worked.

Message 10 of 16 (125,367 Views)