Ea strikes again

by Rivie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ea strikes again

★★★ Novice

Spent hours searching and reconfiguring Madden 19 and Origin (PC) in an attempt to resolve this issue: Madden will not save any files locally, as in a off line franchise, settings, sliders, etc. It will save a cloud franchise, but even them will not save the settings. Every single time the game is launched it's as if you have launched it for the 1st time. Not sure what else to do but it has affected BF4 as well (all settings were nuked). I had installed BF5 alpha as I received an invite, and I installed it after it was over. Thought that may have caused some issue, so I uninstalled the few games I had in Origin and then Origin itself, downloaded the latest thin client, and reinstalled. Same fing issue. 

I had sworn EA off after the debacle that was BF4, and had not purchased an EA game since. Shame on my for falling for their * again.

Message 1 of 7 (1,481 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ea strikes again

★★★ Novice

I found the solution. Seems that Windows defender had an update and it now restricts folder permissions. Open the Windows Defender Security Center (Windows 10 Pro), click on Add or remove exclusions, and add the Origin.exe and the Madden.exe. Viola!

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,479 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Rivie

Make sure you have enabled cloud saves via Origin, Application Settings, Installs & Saves

Also, make sure you are running Origin as an Administrator by right clicking the desktop icon then run as admin.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,449 Views)

★★★ Novice

EA_Barry...thx for the reply. Unfortunately I have done these steps you outlined and still no go. Appreciate you trying Wink

Message 3 of 7 (1,435 Views)

★★★ Novice

I found the solution. Seems that Windows defender had an update and it now restricts folder permissions. Open the Windows Defender Security Center (Windows 10 Pro), click on Add or remove exclusions, and add the Origin.exe and the Madden.exe. Viola!

Message 4 of 7 (1,480 Views)

Community Manager

@Rivie

That is excellent, thank you so much for posting!

barry.png
Message 5 of 7 (1,401 Views)

★★ Novice

@Rivie  I can not get this to fix for me.  Any other ideas?

Message 6 of 7 (1,217 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Makes sense I will try this today. Thank you.

Message 7 of 7 (1,127 Views)