EU servers are just not working

by Jeandrevz1995

Original Post

EU servers are just not working

★★★ Novice

So ever since last week's maintenance(the 9th of July) I've been unable to access the EU servers of Darth Malgus and Tulak Hord, with the issue being all of my characters are on Darth Malgus. Whenever I try to connect I simply get this error:

I checked the ping to the EU and it was fine:

It's driving me crazy, I was hoping today's patch(the 16th of July) would fix it, but nope, I still error. I'm refusing to subscribe just to be able to make a ticket as I feel like that's in a form blackmail, I've subscribed before(I'm currently a preferred player) and I feel like forcing me to subscribe to make a ticket in order to access my characters is blackmailing/forcing me into paying them to basically use an account I've already spent money on just to have my characters at their levels and *.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Message 1 of 13 (762 Views)

Re: EU servers are just not working

@Jeandrevz1995 

This looks like a internet routing issue, so there is nothing bioware can do to resolve this for you.

A VPN will likely resolve this in the short term, other then that definately turn the modem/router off and on again , if the modem gets a different IP address in a different range from your ISP it may not be affected.

Routing issues usually self resolve when routing tables update some places are slow to refresh tables.

alternatively to test this if you tether your computer to say a mobile GSM or a different internet connection say at a friends house with a different ISP and try to log in it will likely work.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 13 (752 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've tested this at my house's internet and at my universities internet, didn't work on either. @proxos666 Thing aswell is on the swtor forums some dude said he had the same issue and he made a ticket to swtor and within a few minutes of their reply he could log in again.

Message 3 of 13 (737 Views)

@Jeandrevz1995 

Can flag this thread with CS to check

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 13 (733 Views)

@Jeandrevz1995 

University internet is usually place the game doesn't work just as an fyi due to firewall issues

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 5 of 13 (722 Views)

★★★ Novice

@proxos666 Nah I have the university council wifi, it has no restrictions. I know it works because its the same at home where I can access all the AMERICAN servers but neither Darth Malgus nor Tulak Hord. It's just so strange to me, I can access literally every other server except DM and TH

Message 6 of 13 (714 Views)

★★★ Novice

If push comes to shove I can subscribe and make the ticket but it would feel incredibly unjust to me. I'm a student, if I was able to subscribe often to the game I would but I can't, I usually only sub around decembers.

Message 7 of 13 (708 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Jeandrevz1995 

If possible try the game on a different system on the same network if possible to 100% confirm it is tied to something on that system or not

I have flagged the thread for CS review

Subscribing will not assist resolving this issue....

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 8 of 13 (707 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've sadly got no other computers or laptop to transfer it to and test it on. But the thing is I know its not just me who has the issue, see for example here:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=966069

Where someone had the same issue 

Message 9 of 13 (700 Views)

★★★ Novice

Anyone got any update on this?

Message 10 of 13 (667 Views)