ERROR 455 *Crash problems

by bl1nd5pot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ERROR 455 *Crash problems

★★ Apprentice

In the past few days, I have experienced quite a few times of game collapse, while searching for an answer I came across this answer provided by Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP, and Windows & Devices for IT MVP.
Probably one of the WIN10 updates created a problem with a folder in one of the WIN10 system32 folder.
This is what it is possible to do in 2 ways which are the same as just 2 simple actions at the convenience of the user:

1) Press Windows key + R

Type:

C: \ Windows \ system32 \ config \ systemprofile \ AppData \ Local \

* If you receive a message that there is no such folder, follow the path manually and create the folder

Hit Enter

Create the TileDataLayer folder

Open it then create another folder called Database

2) Open a CMD shell as Administrator.

That started me off in c: \ Windows \ system32.

cd config \ systemprofile \ AppData \ Local

mkdir TileDataLayer

cd TileDataLayer

mkdir Database

There have been no crashes since I performed this
Good luck

Message 1 of 4 (767 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ERROR 455 *Crash problems

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry Happy to help those who need it, if I have the answer this is not the community you need to hide the answer, after all, we want the rest to enjoy the game experience so much that we enjoy it too

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (722 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@bl1nd5pot 

Thank you for taking time out to post this so others can stumble across it. Was the exact error when the game crashed "Error 455?"

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 4 (734 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry Happy to help those who need it, if I have the answer this is not the community you need to hide the answer, after all, we want the rest to enjoy the game experience so much that we enjoy it too
Message 3 of 4 (723 Views)

Hero

I can't say I know why this Windows 1903 update bug should affect Battlefield. According to https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/133041-known-resolved-issues-windows-10-may-2019-update-ve... it's known to affect color profiles and perhaps Nvidia drivers so I guess the reason is there somewhere.

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 4 (711 Views)