Re: ERROR 0x000007b Apex Legends

by Lia0711

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ERROR 0x000007b Apex Legends

★★ Novice

Hey, I'm having this issue that whenever i try to start my apex, i get the error "the application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b). Click OK to close the application", i tried every possible way that was posted on your forums and the internet, from youtube, and basically i tried everything. At first this problem occurred while starting origin aswell, but that one got fixed somehow, but the error pops up everytime i try to start apex  legends, is  there any possible way to fix this? i downloaded the game yesterday, and it worked fine, i woke up today, and started it, it didnt work, i've no clue what happened or why, any guides on how to fix this ? 

Message 1 of 12 (2,643 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@vanilla_creep 

I'm wondering if there might be some required files missing from Windows. I've seen cases where Origin is unable to run because it's looking for system files that aren't there. 

When you have a chance can you try downloading the Visual C++ Redistributables from the Microsoft support website to see if that helps at all? Let me know if you're still getting that same error message afterward. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 12 (2,483 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @HeCtoR2323232323

What sort of troubleshooting have you had a chance to try so far? Also, could you post a DxDiag so we can take a look? You can find more information on how to pull one up over at the EA Help website

Once you have the file please attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 12 (2,578 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried running the game as administrator, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, tried to repair it, updated my windows,and all my drivers, forced stopped and ended all the overlaying softwares such as steam or discord or any other to see if that works, even uninstalled vc_redistx64 and x86 to see if that'll work, that didnt either, found some solutions on youtube, that said to download a bunch of dll files from some site, and then paste it in my sys32 folder , did that, but the problem cant seem to end, i've no clue what else to do anymore.

Message 3 of 12 (2,570 Views)

★★ Novice

also tried using this command chkdsk /f/r in the cmd, to see if my harddrive has a problem, it completed, found no errors, but the game still cant seem to work

Message 4 of 12 (2,569 Views)

Community Manager

@HeCtoR2323232323 

Much appreciated!

Can we try setting up a Clean Boot on your PC to see if that helps? If there is something running in the background causing this it might help to get around it. For more details on how to set one up check out the EA Help website

Once your PC starts back up see if you're able to launch Apex Legends. Let me know how it goes when you can. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 12 (2,533 Views)

★ Novice
@HeCtoR2323232323 i am facing this problem while trying to install origin
Message 6 of 12 (2,519 Views)

★ Novice

i am trying to install origin and i am getting "the application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b). Click OK to close the application" this error. i've tried everything i can

Message 7 of 12 (2,515 Views)

Community Manager

@vanilla_creep 

I'm wondering if there might be some required files missing from Windows. I've seen cases where Origin is unable to run because it's looking for system files that aren't there. 

When you have a chance can you try downloading the Visual C++ Redistributables from the Microsoft support website to see if that helps at all? Let me know if you're still getting that same error message afterward. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 12 (2,484 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @vanilla_creep

Were you able to download the files that I mentioned? Are you still getting the same error when you're trying to run Origin? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 12 (2,464 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

omg danke du hast mein Leben gerettet 

Message 10 of 12 (2,328 Views)