EAC error "Please use 32 bit version of the game"

by Darkbladenqn2

Original Post

Re: EAC error "Please use 32 bit version of the game"

★★★ Newbie

Sooo this is going to sound stupid but this has worked for me... Instead of opening the game through the origin app, I opened the game via an apex shortcut on my desktop... maybe bypassing origins settings or some rubbish beef between origin and anticheat? Who cares, 20 minutes ago I was pulling my hair out and now I'm happy with a win in the bag..

Message 71 of 79 (1,916 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is resurrecting an old thread. The problem is the Origin launcher. when it tries to launch the game it is not looking in the right directory. This usually happens after a reinstall of the launcher or a "repair" of the game. To resolve it go to the game in the launcher, choose settings, move game. An explorer window should open in the Origin game directory. Right click in the right hand pane and select New -> Folder. Name the new folder whatever you like (mine is ApexLegends), this will be the new location for the game. Select (don't open) the new folder and click "Select Folder" in the lower right of the window. The launcher should return to the main menu and begin moving and verifying the game. Depending on the speed of your drive it should only take a couple of minutes. When completed everything should work normally again. I hope this solution works for everyone with the 32-bit error.

An alternate temporary solution is to navigate to the game directory from within explorer and right-click r5apex.exe and select "create shortcut (desktop)". Using the shortcut to launch the game should work because the shortcut tells the executables in which directory to find the files, but the Origin launcher still won't launch the game properly.

Message 72 of 79 (1,743 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do you change to admin mode?

Message 73 of 79 (1,634 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Running game as admin - error
Repairing game - error
Repairing EAC - Error
Running EAC setup and repairing as admin - Error
Adding game to AVG exception list - Error

Uninstalled game and reinstalled - Error
Unistalled EAC - error
Deleted EAC Folder, launcher, and x64 .dll, repaired game - error. 
Disabled AVG - Error
Disable Malware - Error
Clean Boot- Error

Message 74 of 79 (1,572 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Was able to find a fix. 

You have to have a desktop shortcut of APEX LEGENDS 

1. Right Click Shortcut and open PROPERTIES
2. Under Compatibility check and enable "RUN THIS PROGRAM AS AN ADMINISTRATOR"

3. Apply and OK
4. Open Origin Client
5. Start the game from the shortcut. 

When I try to open the game from within the Origin Client it errors again for the 32-bit client. Open origin so the game will start and start the game from the shortcut. 

-update- 

After a few game starts it started from origin without issue. 

Message 75 of 79 (1,541 Views)

Re: Launch Error ( Please Use The 32-bit Version of the game )

★★★ Novice

Every single update that is done to this game I have an issue. Have reinstalled or repaired this game more times than I can count. Done with it. Wish I could get even half of the amount of money back that I put into this. What a shame.

Message 76 of 79 (1,468 Views)

★★★ Newbie

go to your apex legends installation directory. then go to _Installer, go to directx, go to redist Just keep DXSETUP, DSETUP.dll, dssetup32.dll and delete all the other files there. then go to origin and do a repair of the game. It will work 👍

Message 77 of 79 (1,260 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SlimTrixKappa DUDDEE..!!!! YOU'RE GOD..!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH
Message 78 of 79 (1,200 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@AlookevaPC me too
Message 79 of 79 (849 Views)