Re: EA helped me with a fix to the problems with Madden not launching from Origi

by AdeptDynasty

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA, you HAVE to fix the bug where the game won't launch on Origin.

★★★★ Novice

Customer service has been absolutely horrendous for this issue, and after repeated conversations with EA technical service who repeatedly either tell me its my hardware (it's not, i played this game for the weeks before the patch), or tell me to do the SAME exact * they tell everyone who has this problem to do which never works. This is a problem on the software end, period. The game was working for people, you pushed out the August patch, now it won't even launch for a group of people and there has been almost no acknowledgment of the issue. 

Message 1 of 27 (14,782 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA helped me with a fix to the problems with Madden not launching from Origin.

★★★★ Novice

I will be sharing it below, i can't promise it will help but it did for me after a week of frustration. 

Step 1: Open a run dialog with the windows key + R. 

Step 2:  Type %temp% in the search box and hit OK.This will open a new window in front of you.

Step 3: In the toolbar hit view, then to the far right hit options. Go the view tab and ensure hidden files and folders is checked. 

Step 4: You'll see a folder called Madden NFL 19 in the temp files now, just delete this folder. 

Step 5: Profit (Hopefully).

If this is seriously the solution i have NO idea why they haven't tried to push this, sorry if it doesn't work for everyone but figured i'd give it a shot. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 27 (14,974 Views)

All Replies

Re: EA, you HAVE to fix the bug where the game won't launch on Origin.

★★★★ Novice

Their ability to respond is sad, and may be due to the fact that they have no idea how to resolve the issue.  

Message 2 of 27 (14,766 Views)

EA helped me with a fix to the problems with Madden not launching from Origin.

★★★★ Novice

I will be sharing it below, i can't promise it will help but it did for me after a week of frustration. 

Step 1: Open a run dialog with the windows key + R. 

Step 2:  Type %temp% in the search box and hit OK.This will open a new window in front of you.

Step 3: In the toolbar hit view, then to the far right hit options. Go the view tab and ensure hidden files and folders is checked. 

Step 4: You'll see a folder called Madden NFL 19 in the temp files now, just delete this folder. 

Step 5: Profit (Hopefully).

If this is seriously the solution i have NO idea why they haven't tried to push this, sorry if it doesn't work for everyone but figured i'd give it a shot. 

Message 3 of 27 (14,975 Views)

Re: EA helped me with a fix to the problems with Madden not launching from Origi

★★★★ Novice

You will be a God among Men if this works.

Message 4 of 27 (14,786 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i was absolutely shocked it worked for me, so good luck if you are having the issue. I really don't want to get peoples hopes up cause i'd *assume* they would have tried this, but i'd be so happy to help people out if it does.

Message 5 of 27 (14,784 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It totally worked!   Who ever helped you at EA should  be promoted.  It sounds like they listened and took action.  Thanks for the update!

Message 6 of 27 (14,773 Views)

★★ Novice

Worked, thanks man! :D

Message 7 of 27 (14,768 Views)

Community Manager

@HazyHexagon123

Thanks for posting, solution marked.

barry.png
Message 8 of 27 (14,745 Views)

★★ Novice
works Thanks!
Message 9 of 27 (14,729 Views)

★★ Novice

It seems even after every crash there has not been a temporary folder that has been generated. Any suggestion? I am still having this issue

Message 10 of 27 (14,492 Views)