Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

EA read this you need to do something about the input lag, it`s ruining the game

by omgbomber

Original Post

Highlighted

EA read this you need to do something about the input lag, it`s ruining the game

★★★★ Novice

I have been playing Fifa for ages, since the 90s. Every year. 

For the last years I have been hoping to get into live competitions, play the most competitive Fifa that is out there.

I have played every weekend league in Fifa 20 except the very first one because I was travelling. I have spent somewhere between 500-700€ to packs solely in Fifa 20, because I have really been wanting to compete with the very best who play this game. 

This game has been everything for me literally, I have been thinking about it all the time even when I`m not playing and most of my spare time I have been playing.

I`m positive that only thing keeping me from reaching my goal is the input lag! It`s killing 80% of the matches I play!

Past 2 weeks have been a hell on earth due to input lag, I have been depressed because in the weekend league it`s seriously impossible for me to get wins because I can`t control my players properly, nor execute any plays I have in my mind. The input lag is making the game unplayable, and I`m not the only person who suffers about this. Just read the forums.

Last weekend was a nightmare for me, and I had multiple breakdowns because of this issue. 

This weekend I started playing very early in friday morning, and the connection was good. I won most of my games. This is very typical, in low-traffic hours the connection has the best possibility of being good, whereas every time when playing weekend league on any normal times it`s horrible. I have noticed this in other Fifa`s too, not only this year. If I could stay up every night and play this game, I`d propably get much more playable games but the thing is you can`t expect anyone to stay up and play between 00:00-05:00 which would most likely be the best time. 

I have paid 70€ from this game and 500-700€ (estimation) for the player packs. I demand action. I`m not rich, the money I have put in this game deserves something better than this since it`s a substantial investment.

At this moment I`m utterly disappointed in you as a company, this issue has been around for like forever and yet you can`t or don`t want to fix it? 

I could come up with a solution instantly, in how you could make your customers happier; Apply a trustworthy meter for the input lag pre-match where players don`t yet see each other`s teams, but can decide if the connectivity is good enough to play the match. This needs to be for the input lag, not latency. I`m not a scientist, and don`t know how these two compare but I know for sure that good latency in the current meter does not tell you anything about the input lag. 

I`d rather wait for 10 minutes to play a smooth match than kill myself inside slowly by suffering from this.

Please do something about this! If you can`t remove the input lag, which would of course be great, please atleast apply a method of detecting it for the players who pay you extremely well for a video game experience. 

The game is great, might even be the best Fifa to this day. Don´t let your customers get a crappy experience out of it because something like this.

Message 1 of 11 (266 Views)
Highlighted

Re: EA read this you need to do something about the input lag, it`s ruining the

★★ Novice

I have the same problem.I live in macau where a city nearby Hong Kong.I know ea have a server in hk,but it also have button lag happen on my fut wl/rival.I feel very upset that I have the perfect skill but I can’t do anything when button lag affecting the player action.EA, improve your server to everyone can play fairly.Dont let your game become a good connection equal good player’s game.PLS!!!

Message 2 of 11 (251 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately they are going to deny their own fault and blame it on your connection.

Message 3 of 11 (238 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

2 weeks and no answer from EA.

Another input lag filled weekend league ongoing! Is there even anyone from EA reading this? How do I reach someone from EA to comment on this issue?

The whole week has been perfect in terms of connection from monday to yesterday morning. Now it`s completely unplayable again. This is a repetive cycle, happens always exactly like this. It`s not coinsidence. It tells you that the servers can`t handle the peak times, when most people are playing. This unfortunately is always the weekend league, which is the main competitive field. I have another solution: End the weekend league, and change it to a weekly league which is running for 7 days with the same amount of matches as it is now (30). This would divide the server load and hopefully contribute greatly for this issue.

Do something, you have means to do it!

Message 4 of 11 (174 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Just lost another match because I was not able to control my players! THIS IS PATHETIC 

Message 5 of 11 (165 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
@omgbomber I hate that situation when you try perform first time shot but that command is simply skipped by the server and you loose the ball because opponents defender smash you into the ground.
Dear ea. TURN OFF LAG COMPENSATION!
Message 6 of 11 (152 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Yep its totally unplayable and criminal.

I have been onto ea so many times.waste of time

The passing the touches all scruffy and scrappy.

Opponent has fluent movement ,runners everywhere

Players with 79 pace bursting through your defence yet your 90 pace plus players can't run a bath!

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING EVERY GAME.

Im on good internet and my pal is on * internet yet he gets fewer problems to me.

This seriously seriously needs addressing. We should be all on servers like youtubers or twitchers lets see them win 30 on our servers.

Impossible

Message 7 of 11 (134 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Getting this all the time. The matches i have played this weekend are appauling no movent runners no get in vehind all players slow.others team fluent how you expect it to play. Never have i came up against a great player due to the fact it favours one for all the play

Message 8 of 11 (129 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

And once again the input lag ruins my weekend league. Nothing works out, literally nothing, because of this pathetic input lag. EA if you can`t take care of this issue you are just as sad and pathetic company as this issue is. 

Message 9 of 11 (85 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Oh wait, you have not taken care of it. What am I thinking of, that you would actually fix it? Sometimes I`m just too optimistic. I wish I never started playing this game due to this issue. 

Message 10 of 11 (84 Views)
Twitter Stream