EA live chat not working

by martinmeasic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA live chat not working

★★★ Novice
Hello all,
The EA live support chat does not seem to be working. Sometimes it is grayed out and says "Request live chat" to which I am unable to do anything, and after refreshing and signing in and out a few times the "Chat" button appears, but upon clicking it the "We will be with you in a moment/initalizing" screen appears but nothing happens after this. I have left this window open ranging from 20 minutes to 4 hours. I have been trying for about a week now with no luck. I have tried changing the chat country, resetting my browser cookies/cache and all other data, tried using other browsers, and even other computers but with no luck. If someone could please help me with this I'd much appreciate it.
Thank you all.
Message 1 of 12 (1,421 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA live chat not working

Hero (Retired)

Hey @martinmeasic,

Try clearing everything in your Web Browser (History, Cookies, etc) and log back in.

After this, try the Live Chat again, and see if you are able to start a new Chat.

Keep us posted.

Thanks Standard smile 

View in thread

Message 9 of 12 (1,497 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @martinmeasic and welcome to Answers HQ!

Have you tried on another internet connection? Like a phone?

It could also be an application on your computer messing things up, have you tried after a clean boot?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Perhaps another computer?

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 12 (1,399 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree, its a settings issue.  Try a different brower

Message 3 of 12 (1,385 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thanks for your reply @Carbonic ,
I tried from my cell phone's internet connection on my computer, also the clean boot but with no luck, and on another computer but with no luck either. Is there anything else that could possibly be causing it?
Message 4 of 12 (1,376 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you for your reply, but as mentioned in my original post I already tried using other computers.
Message 5 of 12 (1,374 Views)

Hero

Tried the "private browsing" setting in one of the browsers?

carbonic signature

Message 6 of 12 (1,369 Views)

★★★ Novice
Just tried it now. Interesting, it still doesn't work but instead of the initializing window that says "Contacting EA" etc it just pops up with "about:blank" and it's a blank window
Message 7 of 12 (1,355 Views)

Hero

What country are you located in? Got access to a VPN to try other locations?

carbonic signature

Message 8 of 12 (1,349 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @martinmeasic,

Try clearing everything in your Web Browser (History, Cookies, etc) and log back in.

After this, try the Live Chat again, and see if you are able to start a new Chat.

Keep us posted.

Thanks Standard smile 

★★★ Novice

I'm in Australia. I've tried using a VPN in the United States, UK, as well as New Zealand but with no luck.

Message 10 of 12 (1,328 Views)