Re: EA customer support is the biggest * joke.

by Ababidos

Original Post

EA customer support is the biggest * joke.

★★★★★ Newbie

You guys are absolutely * terrible.

Call #1 - ask a question, get a partial resolution, discover that my actual microsoft live account is already tied to an email that I DON'T EVEN HAVE. I specifically ask the support person to wait until the issue is resolved after he sends the link for the web form via email. He insists on getting off the line, and then the link continues to say it's expired, and does not work the rest of the night. The internet connection is absolutely fine. I tried a diffferent browser (even though all other sites were working), a different device, forwarding to a different email account, a different internet connection, all FAILED. AND I GET AN EMAIL SAYING YOU'VE RESOLVED THE ISSUE. *.

Then, there's no * ability to call them back and speak with a person, no way to email directly, and some jacked up GD menu that tries to pre-select your "recommended" avenue of support? Just give me a * person that can fix the issue. BUT NO. I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER * HOUR AND A HALF TO GET A CALL.

SO, i wait until the next day. I'm here tonight, find a way to request a call back, estimated 1 hour to 1.5 hours later, get a call almost THREE hours later. Not only that, but the call is choppy as hell. I tell the guy and he's like ok, well i'll call you back in a few seconds. Great, fine. whatever, that works. Hangs up. NO CALL BACK. Instead, i get a * email that says "hey, click this link, click resume, and you'll be contacted after you click your support option. What do i get? ANOTHER * 1.5 HOUR WAIT.

I've bought battlefield 3, battlefield 4, battlefield 1, battlefield V, among MANY others, along with the EA Pass, and i expected way more from the company when in need of customer support. You're an Electronically Artful god damn failure. I could absolutely not have had a worse experience with this company's customer service/support/lack thereof, and i expect a call back and resolution.

Message 1 of 4 (941 Views)

★ Novice

at least you can reach someone.. i've tried to reach ANYONE in chat for 2 weeks with no success, and never received a call back when I requested one. it's terrible

Message 2 of 4 (910 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Right there with you man. I log into origin and all my friends are gone, so I launch apex legends and it says I have been banned. I check my email and see where EA has sent me a msg saying I was banned on apex legends at 10 am. Well that's not possible, I was at work. So I put in a ticket and tell them what happened and that I could have possibly been hacked. So I add the authentication via email to see if anything suspicious happens and go on about my business. Next day I see someone from another state tried logging in and now I know for sure I was hacked. So I added to the ticket saying that I was definitely hacked and added the authenticator and changed my pw to secure my account. Next day I get an email back saying "we looked into your account and noticed suspicious activity, so we have suspended the account and all online services related to the account, sorry for any inconvenience". No * Sherlock! "please contact an advisor via phone or chat to verify your identity". Yeah I would love to arseholes but the option you offer is email! Honestly how F'n hard is it to get live support? You * are loaded! Worst customer service ever!

Message 3 of 4 (872 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Update here too: Nothing. Crickets. Jack *. The only response I've had to my request for a phone call was an "accepted support ticket" for an online chat. Sorry, not babysitting my laptop for 2 hours to speak with a rep, especially when the last time I tried to contact, it took much longer than you even estimated.

Not sure what the deal is, you'd think company this large would know what the hell they're doing by now.
Message 4 of 4 (869 Views)