EA credentials expired. Reset password ad infinitum.

by SenpaiSamoamon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA credentials expired. Reset password ad infinitum.

★★★ Newbie

I started playing Apex in Season 7. Had no issues. Shortly after season 9 launched. I went to start Apex (from Steam), and it says I have to do a password reset. Cool, no big issue. Reset my password to my EA account. Relaunch Apex. "Reset your password". Try clicking on the bar at the bottom that says to click here to login. Same message for resetting my password and the same link to EA to reset my password pops up.

After dealing with that over and over. I notice that my Steam account is no longer linked with my EA account. Weird since I have changed nothing with either my EA or Steam accounts. But what ever, I will link them again. Clink on Steam, input my info for my Steam account. It comes up with no issue. Click ok, Click yes EA can have access to my Steam ID. Then it pops up saying that my EA credentials have expired and I need to reset  my password. Kind of weird since I just reset my password several times earlier. Do the password reset. Try to link again. Same credentials have expired message telling me to reset my password.

Alright I've had quite enough of this. Screw it. I'll just make  a new account. Make a new account with a second email that I have. Go to link Steam, approve Steam ID usage. "Credentials have expired" error pops up again. How have my credentials on an account that is less than 30 minutes old expired? What is this crazy infinite loop of reset your password?

Message 1 of 18 (17,356 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA credentials expired. Reset password ad infinitum.

★ Pro
Hey @SenpaiSamoamon,

i know you probably don't wanna hear this, but please read through this.
https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/
Also you make a new case here.
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Good Luck Beer

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (17,321 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro
Hey @SenpaiSamoamon,

i know you probably don't wanna hear this, but please read through this.
https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/
Also you make a new case here.
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Good Luck Beer
Message 2 of 18 (17,322 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But I can log in to my EA account. That is how I am constantly able to try to link my Steam account and then get the credential error. Also why would I get a message saying my credentials have expired on a brand new account!?

Already made a case yesterday. It was a great pleasure chatting with someone who barely speaks the language and has no real IT control over accounts. I had a great time telling Ajay a hundred times that it keeps telling me my EA credentials are expired. Just to have him keep telling me that I need to contact Steam to reset my Steam login.

Going to put this out in a nice, easy to read font. Why is the EA system telling me my credentials have expired on an account that was less than 30 minutes old!?

But thanks for linking me the help items I already went through and not even reading the post. Cheers!

Message 3 of 18 (17,281 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also why is this post marked as an AHQ Community Solution? No solution has been provided! Some random waste of cells posts a link to the help page and suddenly this is solved?

Message 4 of 18 (17,270 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has this been fix ... I have the same problem on my ps4 .... it tells me I need yo reset my password on ps and then I reset it with email and evertything ... clicks retry on ps again after resetting the password and it tells me to reset paswword again . I don't understand this I never opened apex with this account because it was an old ps3 account ... like bruh what is this loop .. 

Message 5 of 18 (16,867 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm sorry for being dumb xD I acknowledgy my dumbness in this one. Thank You very much. I accept my defeat xD

Message 6 of 18 (16,861 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm currently having the same issue. I emailed support and all they did was send me a link to reset my password. In my original email to them I told them I already reset my password more than once and I was still stuck in the loop you're talking about here. I went as far as uninstalling the game on my PC and reinstalling it and it still gives me the prompt to reset my password. Has anyone found a fix to this? It's super annoying, especially since I've spent money on the game.

Message 7 of 18 (15,947 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you think we haven't tried all of this? Thisnt is not something we can fix. THIS IS AN EA ISSUE AND THEY NEED TO FIX IT

Message 8 of 18 (15,432 Views)

★★★ Novice

this is so dumb to deal with... I've been playing for a long time and had a lot unlocked and spent a lot if I can't get my stuff back then I need my money back this is wrong on so many levels.

this shouldn't be an issue anyone has to deal with. I loved apex now it's been 2 months that I haven't played, and EA has stopped emailing me. what am i supposed to do??? reset my password for the 12th time??? uninstall and reinstall for a 6th time??? EA help.com does not work.

Message 9 of 18 (14,698 Views)

★★★ Novice

they just told me to go talk to steam support about this issue... steam says:

Unfortunately, Steam Support cannot provide the best assistance with games made by other companies.
Please click the link below for information about how to contact the support team for this game.

this is EA's problem, and no one is trying to fix this wtf is going on with this company rn?

Message 10 of 18 (14,686 Views)