Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: EA cant unlink my account

by strac1981

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA cant unlink my account

★ Novice

Hello, 

I have been playing FIFA 21 on my PS4 for two weeks now, and I've spent over 2500 dollars on the game. (A lot of fifa points)

Anyways, recently something happend with my PSN account and someone in my family managed to completly delete my PSN account that I play FIFA on. My FIFA progress isn't deleted of course, as I can perfectly use the web app with no issues.

Now when I created a new account on my PSN, and tried  connecting my EA account to FIFA on that new account, it gave me a error message considering it's already connected on another PSN account.

I contacted EA Live chat and asked if they could simply unlink my account, but they said that they can't because it will "harm the game", and when I asked what that means, they really didn't answer me.

I was on live chat for an hour asking for an explanation, and telling the representive that ive spent over 2000 dollars on the game, and that I would like him to unlink the account, but he just said no all the time until he left the live chat.

So what am i supposed to do now? My team is worth A LOT, and i've devoted a lot of time into the game + ive spent a heck of a lot money. Is my account just gone? I mean i can only use the web app, but i can't actually connect my account on another PSN  account.

I can verify in any way EA like, but the representitive just told me "no".

What am i supposed to do here? I can't just start over.. Is my account really just gone?

Message 1 of 12 (1,134 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Blaaddd 

Once you unlink the account, all is lost. I'm very sorry, but there's nothing that can be done. You're welcome to speak about this to an advisor though to see if there's anything else they can do. We can't handle any account issues through Answers HQ.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 12 (1,090 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @Blaaddd 

When you unlink an account, you lose all progress on all EA games. That means your FUT that you spent a lot of money on would be deleted. Can you give me some more details? Why can't you access the account any longer?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 12 (1,111 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Someone in my family managed to delete my Sony account that i used to play fifa on... I can't get it back, I asked sony etc.
That account is the account i played fifa on.

My fifa progress isnt deleted, just the sony account, but now it doesnt let me connect that ea account on another sony profile because it says its still conneceted to the old one that is deleted for good
Message 3 of 12 (1,106 Views)

Community Manager

@Blaaddd 

That's a pretty unusual situation. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it as moving your PSN ID to a different EA account will cause everything on it related to EA games to be deleted. I'm very sorry Frown

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 12 (1,102 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Why cant you just unlink it from my current account, and then i will relink it later?

Or any other soulition? Theres gotta be something you /EA can do? Tranfser my progress, or something...
Like ive spent 2500 dollars on this game, i got a sick team, ive spent countless hours, i cant just spend another 2,5k and start over..

Please try to come up with anything at all
Message 5 of 12 (1,099 Views)

Community Manager

@Blaaddd 

Once you unlink the account, all is lost. I'm very sorry, but there's nothing that can be done. You're welcome to speak about this to an advisor though to see if there's anything else they can do. We can't handle any account issues through Answers HQ.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 12 (1,091 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Blaaddd @EA_Aljo I have similar situation my son and I both have PlayStation’s and for some reason both PSN accounts are linked to the same EA account. Fifa 21 EA have decided to change the way things work without advertising or giving us the ability to rectify the issue. Hence we cannot play the game at the same time. Total joke. Bought ultimate edition and I want my money back as no warning was given. They say they cannot remove a linked PSN account from EA account. Well why let us link two in the first place. !!  Their response create a new PSN account and lose all your purchases subscriptions. This issue now makes Fifa redundant and I am now done with the game. Would not recommend it to anyone. They are all bunch of thief’s. stealing peoples cash and not interested in refunding or rectifying their errors. 

Message 7 of 12 (1,050 Views)

Anonymous

The thing is, you can't

Message 8 of 12 (1,027 Views)

★ Novice

Hey so ive been playing fifa 20 and fifa 21 but when i try to play their is a message that pops up saying “your EA account is disabled” but i have already change my password 3 times and it still says it is disabled 

Message 9 of 12 (942 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @pepelepiu1072007.

Are you sure you're changing the password for the right account? If so, please try contacting @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll look into this for you. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 12 (906 Views)
Twitter Stream

ea-dualentitle-promo-splash

Upgrade to a next gen console

Have a physical game disc for FIFA 21 but bought a discless console? Use our webform.

View more on EA Help

fifa21-promo2

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help