Re: EA account fine on Titanfall2 but invalid for Battlefield 1 (or SW:BF)

by FatPitt

Original Post

EA account fine on Titanfall2 but invalid for Battlefront

★ Novice

My son's access to Battlefield on XBox One was limited to offline content only, due to his age. Having played the game myself I have no issue with him playing it. I have therefore spent. what seems like days trying to sort this out for him. He now has a new gamer tag, a new EA account and has aged rapidly but still cant play Battlefront - apparently the account is invalid. However he can access all content on Titanfall 2, which has the same PEGI rating. 

To my mind there is therefore not an issue with the account but instead it is the version of Battlefront that is the problem. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but the result is the same when he tries to use it  - invalid account.

Can anyone help? 

Message 1 of 10 (924 Views)

Re: EA account fine on Titanfall2 but invalid for Battlefront

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @FatPitt

If your child wants to play games on Origin, learn how to set up a child account for them https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-do-i-set-up-an-origin-account-for-my-child/

If your child is no longer considered underage for where you live*, you can upgrade or “age up” your account to an adult account https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/aging-up-an-origin-account-to-an-adult-account/

Then if your issue persist you need to create an incident using the Talk to a Game Advisor link on the left, and a Game Advisor will assist you.

Select Origin from the list.

Select a topic for the best results.

Scroll to the bottom and select Contact Us.

Select your platform and list a short description of your problem.

Select live chat or call me to request a call back from an advisor

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 10 (900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@FatPitt

I moved this thread once because in the subject of it you wrote "Battlefront" and it was in the Titanfall forum.  I believe that I meant to take a moment to verify which was which, since inside the body of the comment you had been writing "Battlefield" AND Battlefront.  The former game, in whose forum this ended up (wherever I put it when I'd moved it), is bloody, mature, and contains vulgarity, unlike the Battlefront game. 

@FatPitt wrote:

My son's access to Battlefield on XBox One was limited to offline content only, due to his age. Having played the game myself I have no issue with him playing it. I have therefore spent. what seems like days trying to sort this out for him. He now has a new gamer tag, a new EA account and has aged rapidly but still cant play Battlefront - apparently the account is invalid.

(snip)

Can anyone help? 

I hope, with it having moved around some, you can find it and read Yahel's reply.

Message 3 of 10 (887 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for your reply. Just wanted to clear up what was a typo and not poor parenting. The problem lies with Battlefront NOT Battlefield. The time consuming task of trying resolve the ongoing problem clearly had an impact on my ability to type.

Message 4 of 10 (880 Views)

Invalid account messsage on Battlefield 1 PS4

★★ Novice

Okay now I understand why EA was (and still is) considered the worst game company for two years in a row. Bad connectivity issues and the worst customer service EVER! I just spent 5 minutes trying to talk to someone who was clearly talking close to the mic so I could not hear him after I told my issue,

Well I hope by writing this someone competent can solve it. I really hope after even the bugged  chat did not.

I've been playing battlefield on PC using origin since 2011 trough email 'A'. Then a couple days ago I bought Battlefield 1 on ps4 and now I cannot go online, because it only shows up a message saying 'this account is invalid', After 2 days trying to talk to EA "advisors" I have finally (after several attempts to contact EA people) find out that it is due to the fact that on an attempt to link my primary email 'B' to my older account 'A', I created an account and immediately requested to be DELETED almost a year ago.

Really EA? Does it really take that much to delete a simple account with no games? I need this account deleted ASAP so I can finally play the game that I paid for. It's that simple.

Message 5 of 10 (1,049 Views)

Re: Invalid account messsage on Battlefield 1 PS4

Champion (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear that you have problems with your account. What i would advice you is to contact EA Game Advisor trough the support page? There you can pre-select the topic of account / delete to see if with a logical question to delete the other account and some verification will fix this i'm sure? 

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=origin

here you can select account support \ delete and text chat. I've already checked and they are available and able to help you with this kind of problem. I hope you can get it fixed!

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 6 of 10 (1,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply, but again, it never got fixed! All I heard were promises.

I was on the phone with an advisor earlier this week, and on the live chat yesterday. All they had to tell me was that my account is on queue for deleting and will be deleted ASAP. My account is on the queue for MONTHS! so how am I supposed to believe they are going to delete immediately?

All I need is that account be deleted so I can change my primary email to that one and finally play the game. It is not nice purchasing a game and have to wait more that a week (so far) so people can delete a simple account. I'm really frustrated an probably won't buy EA games so soon.

Message 7 of 10 (991 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey @schuzstfflHC, sorry to hear about the experience you had with EA support.

I will be sending you a PM around your case.

Thank you! 

/Atic

Message 8 of 10 (970 Views)

Well, it's about a week after deletion i cant play because "invalid account" PS4

★★ Novice

Week ago i chose way to delete my new account (NO origin games on it) with linked PSN ID because i found my old EA account this BF games since 2009 but without linked my PSN ID. So there no way to unlink your PSN ID only delete EA account now then process started i cant play any EA games and i ask you how long EA needs to lose customer? I just wanna play BF1 online but can't because i'm in f* queue to deletion process and how say to me many of advisor's "JUST WAIT", i see people here with the same problem waiting for months it's joke? Any way to speed up this process gosh...

Message 9 of 10 (841 Views)

Re: Well, it's about a week after deletion i cant play because "invalid acc

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic any help?

Message 10 of 10 (709 Views)