EA NHL Series Input Lag

by SentarioxEVO

Original Post

Re: EA NHL Series Input Lag

Community Manager

@SentarioxEVO 

Just to be clear, whenever you check the connection screen, it always says you're at 700 ms? Nothing in your tests show that you should be having that high of a ping so it's really strange. Can you check your router and see if it supports QoS (Quality of Service). Also, check to see if UPnP is enabled. Although, that tends to be more important when you're disconnecting a lot and not lagging.

Aljo.png
Message 11 of 22 (1,214 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_AljoNo, I am observing that input lag based off how quickly my players react to button inputs. They react much slower in online play as compared to vs cpu teams offline, on the same gameplay settings as online.

Message 12 of 22 (1,206 Views)

Community Manager

@SentarioxEVO 

You said you were getting a 700 ms ping. Where are you seeing that?

Aljo.png
Message 13 of 22 (1,185 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Aljo What I had said in my original post was that I was experiencing a 700ms - 1.5s input lag between controller input and what my players do during online play, but not during offline play. I can observe this is happening because 700ms to 1.5s is a noticeable delay detectable by my eyes.

Message 14 of 22 (1,180 Views)

★★★ Novice

In game ping never really goes above 60

Message 15 of 22 (1,176 Views)

Community Manager

@SentarioxEVO 

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying that. Have you checked to see if your TV has a game mode setting? Also, have you checked what the input delay is for your particular model?

Aljo.png
Message 16 of 22 (5,355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljothere were mentioned already that theres no input lag on offline game so it is not the TV ok? I am having the same issue. It goes even laggier when I have more synergies activated.

Message 17 of 22 (899 Views)

Community Manager

@TommiHC 

We'll need to go through some troubleshooting. What system do you play on and do you use a wired or wireless connection?

Aljo.png
Message 18 of 22 (864 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have taken so many troubleshooting steps already concerning about the issue that one more and I can reach the freaking sky! I play on wired and I have put my ps4s MAC address and IP on DMZ on router and no effect; input lag remains. But if you have something I havent done please tell me.

Is there a way to make traceroute straight to the european servers or something if theres something wrong on the route?

Message 19 of 22 (855 Views)

Community Manager

@TommiHC 

Thanks for the details. Are you playing on a wired or wireless connection?

Aljo.png
Message 20 of 22 (852 Views)