Re: EA NHL Series Input Lag

by SentarioxEVO

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA NHL Series Input Lag

★★★ Novice

700ms-1.5second input lag in online gameplay since at least NHL 17. As I have gotten into the NHL franchise more this issue has started to kill any drive for online play. My connection is hardwired and the issue is not present in any other game, including FIFA 20. Tried hard resetting my xbox and restarting my router, cleaning out my xbox of dust, reinstalling NHL 21, and have compared online gameplay to offline gameplay several times. Results always show the problem is only present in online gameplay. I play on Xbox One and I have had this console since release day.

Message 1 of 22 (4,494 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@SentarioxEVO 

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying that. Have you checked to see if your TV has a game mode setting? Also, have you checked what the input delay is for your particular model?

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 16 of 22 (5,376 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hello, @SentarioxEVO.

What mode is this happening in or is it in multiple modes? Also, try clearing your alternate MAC address with these steps:

Go to your Xbox One Settings (Just press Start, then click Settings)
Go to "Network", then "Advanced Network Settings"
Click on "Alternate MAC Address", and then click "Clear"

Something else you can try would be using alternate DNS servers. From the Xbox One home screen, go to Settings > Network > Advanced settings > DNS settings > Manual. (If Settings doesn't appear on the home screen, select My Games & Apps, then Settings). From there, enter the Primary DNS as "208.67.222.222" and the Secondary DNS as "208.67.220.220". If that doesn't help, try using the google DNS servers which are: primary alt number 8.8.8.8 - secondary alt number 8.8.4.4.

Let me know if either of these makes a difference. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 22 (4,467 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It is happening in all online gameplay. HUT, Versus, etc. None of these solutions were able to fix the issue. I should also note my ping rarely exceeds 40 when in game. @EA_Aljo 

Message 3 of 22 (4,461 Views)

Community Manager

@SentarioxEVO 

Do you have a PC by chance? If so let’s find out how your connection is reaching our servers. Can you run a UO Trace and screenshot me the results? Instructions are here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 22 (4,438 Views)

Message 5 of 22 (4,382 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It’s not your internet it looks good in your end and isp.. it’s ea servers 

Message 6 of 22 (4,367 Views)

Community Manager

@SentarioxEVO 

Thank you. That doesn't look terrible, but it's not good either. That could be due to the distance to the server though. Where are you located?

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 22 (4,361 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Aljo Victoria, BC

Message 8 of 22 (4,354 Views)

Community Manager

@SentarioxEVO 

Distance shouldn't be an issue then. Did you run this test on a wired or wireless connection?

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 22 (4,350 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Aljo Wired 

Message 10 of 22 (4,333 Views)