Re: EA Forum I.D. showed instead of gamertag

by ToastedSarnie

Original Post

EA Forum I.D. showed instead of gamertag

★★★★★ Expert

Suddenly noticed during a game of Rocketbot Attack that my forum I.D. Jet_7227 was being displayed instead of my Xbox gamertag of JetBlackCat72.

At the end of the match I exited & went into a couple of other EA games (PvZ GW2 & BFN) and my tag was correctly displayed in both of those. Went back into Rocket Arena & this time the gamertag was showing correctly.

No idea what could've caused this (I wasn't logged into the forum at the time on any device & in any case it's impossible to do so on the Xbox) but find this worrying from a personal security point of view.

File attached - apologies for quality, for some reason Xbox app wouldn't save the screenshot so had to take photo of screen.

Message 1 of 5 (459 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @ToastedSarnie,

You're right, that should definitely not happen, and thanks for providing this info. 

Would you be able to tell me a bit more so it might be a bit easier for us to investigate: are you playing on both Xbox and PC? How were you playing at the time, directly on the Xbox or via the console link? 

- Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EA_LeelooHi, thanks for coming back quickly 😊
I & my family only play on Xbox One - we don't have a gaming PC & I usually access the forum via my mobile.
Trying to think what else might help....My profile is not the primary Xbox account, it's a linked family account but that shouldn't have an impact as it's my gamertag & email address that are linked to my forum account.
I didn't notice any problems when I first signed into the game, only during my second game with a kill-feed pop-up & took a screenshot confirming this at the end of the match. That match was about 3 hours ago.
I haven't ever seen this happen before, either in Rocket Arena or any other EA game. If there's anything else I can tell you, please let me know.

* Added: I was playing directly on the console

Message 3 of 5 (437 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks so much for the fast reply!

I sent this on and, hopefully, we can get to the bottom of this soon. Standard smile Should I need more info, I'll get back to you but fingers crossed that the details you provided are enough.

Cheers,

Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 5 (408 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@EA_Leeloo Thank you! 👍
Message 5 of 5 (403 Views)